Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Z-5080 Short-Range Spectrum Augmenter/Vision or Promethean Vision is an Armor Ability that creates a short-range spectrum wave which allows the user to detect shapes and movement through solid walls and objects.
- Promethean Vision allows the user to see through walls and objects.
- Promethean Vision makes enemies and allies more easily noticeable. Opponents will appear as red, allies as green, and the background as blue.
- If a player uses Promethean Vision close enough to a M363 Remote Projectile Detonator's projectile, the built-in radar on the corresponding Detonator will be temporarily jammed.
- Promethean Vision gives away the user's location and that the ability is in use:
- A concentric red ring appears on the motion sensor emanating from the user's location.
- A flashing red light appears on the user's helmet.
- Other players will hear a distinct ping and purring sound.
- Promethean Vision doesn't distinguish between holograms and actual players.
- If a player is using the Active Camouflage Armor Ability or Stealth Support Upgrade, he cannot be seen through walls and will appear as blue like the background.
- The name Promethean Vision originates from the Prometheans, who were first observed using the technology.
- Promethean Vision is the first Armor Ability to take advantage of VISR technology.
- Halo 4 (First appearance)