|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
|Z-250 Directed Energy Engagement Weapon|
Directed Energy Engagement Weapon
|Damage Per Hit||
|Rate of Fire||
1c (299,792,458 m/s)
The Z-250 Directed Energy Engagement Weapon, more commonly known as the Light Rifle, is a Forerunner weapon carried by Promethean Knights. Fulfilling the same purpose as the BR85HB SR Battle Rifle and the Type-51 Carbine, it fires beams of hard light for mid-range to long-range combat and is a primary weapon available in War Games and Spartan Ops loadouts.
Described by 343 Industries as the amalgamation of the BR85HB SR Battle Rifle and the M395 Designated Marksman Rifle, the Light Rifle fires in three-round bursts of hard light when fired from the hip but fires a single, focused hard light round, when the scope is toggled. Both rounds use the same amount of ammunition, but the focused hard light round is stronger. As with the Scattershot and all other Promethean weapons, it self-assembles when picked up.
- Similiar to the DMR the Light Rifle is equipped with a 3x magnification scope. This makes it more effective at longer ranges then the Battle Rifle or the Covenant Carbine, which are only equipped with 2x magnification scopes.
- The Light Rifle is very similar to the Hard Sound Rifle in the way that they both use a hardened type of ammunition that normally (without being hardened) cannot damage a object.
- Despite firing in burst when aiming from the hip the Light Rifle only fires one round from the mag. This gives the Light Rifle 3 more bursts than the BR per mag and 1 more round than the DMR per mag.
- The Light rifle's central energy beam dissapears when out of ammo.
- The Light Rifle has been shown with an alternate weapon skin available for those who purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360.
- Judging from the way it is reloaded, the Light Rifle is the predecessor to the Type-51 Carbine.
- As with all other Forerunner weapons, if the Light Rifle is equipped for the first time it will slowly assemble itself. Upon picking it up at any other point, for example mid-way into the game, the weapon rapidly assembles itself. However, the slow assembly can be negated if the player is mid-firefight.
- The Light Rifle deals slightly more damage than a DMR when scoped, and slightly less when firing from the hip.
- It takes a minimum of 5 shots to kill an opponent when not zoomed in, however when zoomed in it takes a minimum of 4 shots.
- According to the Halo 4 Interactive Guide, the Light rifle was originally designed by the Forerunners as a sniper rifle system, although in the later years of the Forerunner-Flood war it was reconfigured to have a triple-burst firing mode as well.
List of AppearancesEdit
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo 4 E3 2012 Demo
- ↑ YouTube - Halo 4 Exile PAX 2012 CTF Gameplay!
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnHPPsQFovY - 24 minutes 20 seconds
- ↑ http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/11/0e/110e482558ab5d1ca22c1316e6ab91a7.jpg Halo 4 Limited Edition additional content