Automated Protection Drone
The Z-2500 Automated Protection Drone, also known as Autosentry, is an armor ability featured in Halo 4. It allows the user to deploy a combat-capable Forerunner drone unit as support during enemy engagements, as the full measure of its original use is unknown.
- It allows the user to contribute to the battle if he/she has no ammo or low shields.
- It flashes red and sounds an alarm when enemies are nearby, warning a player who is being snuck up on.
- It is rather powerful, taking 6 shots to kill a fully shielded SPARTAN-IV.
- It is effective against Hunters as the user can deploy the turret (which the Hunter will then focus on) and then circle around the Hunter to attack its vulnerable back.
- It has a slow rate of fire, and poor accuracy.
- It cannot take much damage before it is destroyed.
- Other human-originating APD units similar to the Z-2500 have been used by the UNSC for years, but none with this level of mobility, functionality, and sustained power.
- With striking similarities in function and origin, this armor ability may be seen as an enhanced variant of the Automated Turret.
- In the mission Midnight, there is an alternative type of APD available (if the player has picked up one from a Promethean Knight) in the armory before entering the Ur-Didact's atrium after the conveyor.
List of appearancesEdit
- Halo 4 (First appearance)