|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
|Z-180 Close Combat Rifle/Asymmetrical Engagement Mitigator|
Close Combat Rifle/Asymmetric Engagement Mitigator
|Damage Per Hit||
|Rate of Fire||
The Z-180 Close Combat Rifle/Asymmetric Engagement Mitigator, more commonly known as the Scattershot, is a prominent Forerunner channel weapon that was used for close-range defense toward the end of their war with the Flood. While practically unstoppable up close, the most remarkable attribute of the Scattershot is its schismatic dispersal effect, drowning confined hard-surfaced interiors with brutal, ricocheting beams of energy.
The Scattershot is a Forerunner weapon carried by Promethean Knights. It fires a "scatter" of projectiles towards a target, and it is believed to be the counterpart of the Shotgun, the Energy Sword, and the Gravity Hammer. It has a magazine size of 5 "shells" and is shown to be carried, along with the Light Rifle, by Promethean Knights.
When used in Multiplayer, the weapon seems to have around the same damage as a regular shotgun, and when every single 'scatter' shot hits and scores a killing blow, the player killed disintegrates.
The Z-180 Scattershot is a prominent Forerunner channel weapon that was used for close-range defense toward the end of their war with the Flood. While practically unstoppable up close, the most remarkable attribute of the Scattershot is its schismatic dispersal effect, drowning confined hard-surfaced interiors with brutal, ricocheting beams of energy.
- As with the Light Rifle, the Scattershot self-assembles when picked up.
- You can commit suicide by shooting the ground, ceiling or wall you're directly adjacent to. Therefore, it is best to be careful when engaging players while in an enclosed environment.
- Players killed by the Scattershot disintegrate upon death.
- This feature is shared by many of the Forerunner weapons and may be a security measure to prevent Flood infection. The Flood's advantage of being able to use bodies whether alive or dead would be removed with such a weapon.
- The Scattershot was revealed to be the first of the Forerunner weapons that 343 settled on and some of its design characteristics (i.e. forming around the player, light running down the sides of the weapon, etc.) transferred over to the other weapons in the class.
- This is the second weapon in the series to be break-action, the first being the M319 Individual Grenade Launcher.
- In the Spartan Ops mission Victory Lap, one may see a Sangheili Warrior using a Scattershot.
- Its sights fold and contour with the weapon when sprinting. It is most prominent with the rear one.
- The Scattershot fires faster than the Halo 4 Shotgun, as it uses a semi-automatic action instead of a pump action.