- The Phaeton is very maneuverable, being able to evade in all 4 directions.
- The Phaeton's armaments can home onto enemies.
- The Phaeton's underside is its weak spot; it will take 20 DMR shots before disintegrating.
- The Phaeton is very visible with all its orange lights.
|Phaeton Helios||The Phaeton's highly mutable design lends itself to the creation of variants such as the Phaeton Helios.||
|Boss Phaeton||A Phaeton variant driven by boss targets in Warzone simulations.|
The Phaeton is a Forerunner Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) gunship. It has a "boost" ability which lets it move rapidly from side to side or forward and backward. The gunship is armed with both a Hard light turret underneath and twin missile launchers mounted under each wing that can fire 4 missiles at a time.
In 2558, the Z-1800 Exoatmospheric Multirole Fighter can be first seen combating Jul 'Mdama's Covenant faction when Fireteam Osiris was deployed to Kamchatka. The fighters were combating the advancing Covenant troops who were trying to breach the Promethean defense lines, and succeeded in defeating Mdama's forces.
- Halo 5: Guardians (First appearance)