|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
|Z-130 Directed Energy Automatic Weapon|
Directed Energy Automatic Weapon
|Damage Per Hit||
|Rate of Fire||
The Z-130 Directed Energy Automatic Weapon, more commonly known as the Suppressor, is a Promethean Forerunner weapon in Halo 4. Its automatic fire and extreme efficiency at close range made the weapon a favorite of Forerunner troops against the Flood during the Forerunner-Flood War. It fires bolts of charged hard light that pierce and destroy any organic material, and is markedly more effective at closer ranges compared to its Human and Covenant counterparts, the Assault Rifle and the Storm Rifle.
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- The marks left from shooting a surface are extremely well defined hexagons, unlike other non-Forerunner weapons of the past.
- This weapon can be seen as a replacement for the M7 Caseless SMG of earlier Halo games (gameplay-wise, not canonically), having similar damage, rate of fire, effective use in CQB, and the same amount of rounds per clip as the ODST variant of the SMG.
- The Suppressor is most effective when employed in CQB, and is more effective then the Assault Rifle or Storm Rifle when employed in this role.
- Its is capable of downing the shields of a Spartan-IV in 12 shots, and killing them in 19 shots total, assuming all rounds strike their target.
- Of all the Halo 4 automatic weapons, the Suppressor has the largest bloom.