The Z-130 Directed Energy Automatic Weapon, more commonly known as the Suppressor, is a Promethean Forerunner weapon. It fires bolts of charged hard light that pierce and destroy any organic material. Its rapid firing rate made it a favorite of Forerunner troops against the Flood during the Forerunner-Flood War. It is more effective at closer ranges compared to its Human and Covenant counterparts, the Assault Rifle and the Storm Rifle.
- The Suppressor has a higher rate of fire than the Assault Rifle, giving it a faster potential kill time.
- The Suppressor has a large magazine and can fire for a relatively long time before needing a reload.
- The Suppressor has a quick reload speed.
- The Suppressor has a very large bullet spread, making it very inaccurate at any target further away than a few meters.
- The Suppressor's projectile speed is very slow, forcing you to aim ahead of a target when shooting from a distance.
- Each projectile does less damage than the other automatic weapons.
Changes in the Halo 4 Weapon Tuning UpdateEdit
- Main article: Weapon Tuning Update
- Capable of killing in three less rounds.
- Auto-aim angle has been reduced.
- Projectile spread has been decreased.
- The marks left from shooting a surface are extremely well-defined hexagons.
- It takes 12 shots to strip the shields of a SPARTAN-IV and 7 more shots to kill.