The Z-130 Directed Energy Automatic Weapon, more commonly known as the Suppressor, is a Promethean Forerunner weapon. It fires bolts of charged hard light that pierce and destroy any organic material. Its rapid firing rate made it a favorite of Forerunner troops against the Flood during the Forerunner-Flood war. It is more effective at closer ranges compared to its Human and Covenant counterparts, the Assault Rifle and the Storm Rifle.
- The Suppressor has a higher rate of fire than the Assault Rifle, giving it a faster potential kill time.
- The Suppressor has a large magazine and can fire for a relatively long time before needing a reload.
- The Suppressor has a quick reload speed.
- The Suppressor has a very large bullet spread, making it very inaccurate at any target further away than a few meters.
- The Suppressor's projectile speed is very slow, forcing you to aim ahead of a target when shooting from a distance.
- Each projectile does less damage than the other automatic weapons.
Changes in the Halo 4 Weapon Tuning UpdateEdit
- Main article: Weapon Tuning Update
- Capable of killing in three less rounds.
- Auto-aim angle has been reduced.
- Projectile spread has been decreased.
Changes from Halo 4 to Halo 5: GuardiansEdit
- Magazine now holds 42 rounds instead of 48.
- Slower rate of fire, but fire rate speeds up as long as the trigger is held.
- Projectile now track towards the enemy.
- Weapon slowly comes apart after prolonged firing.
- The marks left from shooting a surface are extremely well-defined hexagons.
- It takes 12 shots to strip the shields of a SPARTAN-IV and 7 more shots to kill.
Concept art of the Suppressor.
Finalized concept of the suppressor.
The Suppressor in Halo 4.
The Suppressor forming in the player's hand.
Reloading the Suppressor.
An Inside and outside look ath the Suppressor's holographic designs, while the suppressor is being reloaded.
Smart scope with the Suppressor.
The Suppressor assembling itself in Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer.
The Suppressor coming apart after being fired for a while in Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer.
Shatter weapon skin lateral view