He wrote a lot of the structure of the scenes, for example, he mapped out the whole first draft of Beat 11, Heroes. Maureen McHugh said that, "Wil's contribution is pretty invisible, but really important."
Alex Irvine, Wil McCarthy and Maureen McHugh wrote the first drafts of all the Axon Wavs, Sean Stewart wrote almost all the website text material (although Maureen McHugh wrote most of the SP's communications when she was using pieces of your emails.)
Then Maureen McHugh would edit Wil and Alex's for continuity and stuff, and pass it on to Sean. Then he would re-write it and finally he and Elan would go over it line by line at 2:00 in the morning.
- Wil McCarthy invented the Cupid's Knife.
- To Crush The Moon (Bantam/Random House, June 2005)
- Hacking Matter: Levitating Chairs, Quantum Mirages, and the Infinite Weirdness of Programmable Atoms (Basic/Perseus, March 2003)
- Lost in Transmission (Bantam/Random House, Mar 2004)
- The Wellstone (Bantam/Random House, Mar 2003)
- The Collapsium (Bantam/Random House, Dec 2002)
- Once Upon a Galaxy (Daw, Sep 2002)
- Bloom (Del Rey/Random House, Sep '99)
- Murder in the Solid State (Tor/St. Martin's, Nov '98)