|Although this CAA mining vessel was refitted as an ordnance transport, damage sustained during the Battle of Kholo has condemned it to an inescapable slide down the gravity well of a gas giant. On board, its automated systems continue unabated, their operations executed in eerie futility as they drift ever-closer to destruction.|
Adrift is a multiplayer map for Halo 4. It is symmetrical and set in a civilian gas-mining plant that is traveling in a near-space orbit above a gas giant, with a giant mech being constructed in the middle of it. Not much else is known about it at this point.
This map focuses on close quarters combat and has many corridors and passageways, which can be used to surprise the enemy.
Adrift is an inversely symmetrical map which has distinct bases for both teams. The center of the map has multiple entrances and houses the Energy Sword.
The Sticky Detonator and Scattershot spawn across the map from each other at the man cannon platforms. These man cannon platforms will take the player to either base depending the man cannon they choose.
Each base has three hallways out of it. The bottom of the map has two gravity lifts, four stairways, and multiple jump-ups which can be used to get out. Upon taking the gravity lifts, the player be taken to the 'lift hallway' of either base, depending on the lift taken. The lift hallway will take the player to a man cannon platform. Another hallway leading out of the base is the bottom hallway, which will lead to the a man cannon platform. The bottom hallway has a stairway half way through that will take the player to the bottom of the map. The third hallway leading out the base is the 'attic', which is a hallway at the second level of the base and it leads to the Energy Sword's spawn.
- This map's working title was "Warhouse".
- As stated in the Adrift walkthrough the mech being constructed in the middle of the map is a Cyclops Mark II.
- The mech is on a platform similar to the one found in the map Condemned in the Halo: Reach Defiant map pack.
- It bears a distinct resemblance to the map Countdown from Halo: Reach.
- Far off in the distance, a section of the facility is being pelted by something similar to meteors. Quiet explosions can be heard as well.