- "Um... I'm a mechanic, not a soldier."
- — Anonymous Voi factory worker when given a weapon.
The Voi factory workers were civilian workers who worked in Traxus Factory Complex 09 in Voi, Republic of Kenya on Earth. During the Battle of Tsavo, they helped the UNSC forces in the assault of a concentrated Covenant holding in Voi and the elimination of anti-air defenses to allow the UNSC to launch an aerial assault on the Forerunner Dreadnought.
The factory workers only appear in the Halo 3 campaign level The Storm. Despite the fact that they are civilians, factory workers are able to wield all weapons, both human and Covenant, with the exception of Energy Swords and Brute Shots, unless through a glitch. This is more of a gameplay element where Bungie recycled all human biped and replacing these bipeds' textures with civilian variants. The workers still have the same amount of health as a Marine.
Occasionally, one of the workers will yell out "I'm a cowardly fool!". This line was also said by naval personnel from the UNSC Pillar of Autumn during the levels The Pillar Of Autumn and Halo in Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
- Regular workers - They wear light blue shirts, pants, and yellow hard hats.
- Management workers - As seen is some pictures lying around, there is a higher status of workers indicated by green clothes.
- Untitled workers - Their title is unknown as of yet, probably the highest title or "status", being that they wear white clothing. They are mostly seen dead along with other workers.