Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Valiant-class super-heavy cruiser is a capital warship classification in the UNSC Navy. Among the most powerful vessels in the UNSC fleet, one of their primary uses is fleet command and coordination.
The ship entered service in 2493. However, immediate cost issues in modernizing the fusion engines cast doubt at the class' actual longevity. By 2495, the UNSC Navy was taking Valiant ships out of rotation and scrapping others. Following Operation: VERITAS in 2497, the Navy found itself without command-and-control vessels. The Valiant-class would fill this role.
Admiral Preston Cole used a Valiant-class ship, UNSC Everest, as his flagship. Over the course of the Human-Covenant war, most notably prior to his last stand at the Battle of Psi Serpentis, Cole made several modifications to the ship's armament and armor.
A super-heavy cruiser possessed a large, cavernous bridge with two dozen bridge stations, used not only to control the ship and its systems, but also to coordinate the activities of the entire battle group. The bridge had massive view screens that stretched from the floor to the ceiling.
Ships of the lineEdit
- Halo Wars: Genesis (First appearance)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Fleet Battles
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 42
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole", page 475
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole", page 462-463
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Bulkhead Banter