|Manticore|| Welcome to my talk page. Please put at the end, and remember to sign your post with four tildes (~~~~).
Please note that I delete talk page.once they have been dealt with, and I will usually reply to any board posts on your
Manticore, be advised that some of the images you have recently deleted as "unused" were actually submissions in the banner competition. It's likely that the users didn't read the rules (or just not very closely) because the submissions were just Halo images rather than banners, so they would have been ineligible anyway. However, it's important to note that when an image is linked in text rather than straight inclusion it doesn't appear in the automatic list. As long as this competition is up, you might want to first check that an image isn't linked there before deleting it. --Dragonclaws(talk) 19:14, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
- Ah, didn't realise people were external linking them. Thanks for the heads up. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 20:16, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
Regarding signatures Edit
Umm manticore as I've learn't more ways to customise signatures, I have helped others with signature script formatting, is it possible that I could add my name to this http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Signatures
- I don't think so. You're using the deprecated font tag and unnecessary nowiki tags in your own signature, which appears to be mainly ripped from mine. You also seem to think having seven lines of signature code is acceptable. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 12:47, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- To start I've never seen the script of your signature, and yes I'm working on the fact of my signature being 7 lines long I too don't like it, but I think I've figured it out because I have a page which has my sig template and I put it into my signature so if given a coupe of seconds I could correct it. And no you may not like the <sup/sub> script but I'm no neophyte at this and I like my sig, and I want this sig to represent me, I worked pretty hard on my sig and my new wiki page during my ban so I could start fresh. And the only reason why I wanted to be added to the list is because I felt I did something right and properly.
Hello Manticore, I would like to re-open my request to be added to the list of signature helpers. Over the past while I have acquired interesting and generic signature coding, that has helped me achieve helping others. I hope I can share the same honour of being a helper as you.
Seeing your recent edit to the sig article, I too would like to ask if I could volunteer, as I also have some experience with signatures.
- Go for it. And no more requests, put them on the talk page or something and figure it out amongst yourselves. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 14:26, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
Ninth User Group Term Edit
- It's March 18th, and I haven't heard any news. Kougermasters 00:19, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
Repeated Pages Edit
Inappropriate Avatar Edit
Manticore, Its grunts4sale, His Avatar is Inappropriate,--Greatjedi7 03:17, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- I've "deleted" it, but AvatarRemove doesn't work very well. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 03:22, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
Dublicate images Edit
- Done. I think you mean duplicate. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 09:10, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
Hey Manticore, I was wondering if you can delete all my blogs listed under my name (the category). If you have the time that is, Thanks. Colonel Comm| Mission| Papers| Commendations| H.Q. 08:50, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
Greetings Manticore, I wanted to ask you if is there any chance for me to join the Monitors of Halopedia. I make this request because their tasks are binding and satisfying and I'd really be honored to undertake them. Wing Commander Firestorm, Administrator 09:00, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- You should bring this up on the project talk page. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 11:20, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
Web Site used Text from es.Halopedia Edit
Vandal alert Edit
Hey Manticore, you may wanna see this. Ban him please. Thanks!
- It's been "deleted" three times already. RemoveAvatar appears to be cached or something. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 00:13, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
Manticore, This is all old hat to you guys, but we are rolling out blogs to Wikia et large next month. I wanted to let you guys know about a wikilicious event we are running to promote the release of Community Blogs.
Here's are the details:
- Users will create a blog post highlighting 3 reasons why everyone should play your game
- At the end of the week, Wikia will pick winners amongst all communities involved
- Prizes for the winning community will include:
- Wikia will create custom artwork and set up an online store for the wiki, so you can create mousepads, coasters, Daisy Dukes, etc... (hey, we're not judging)
- 5 professionally designed T-shirts featuring the wiki's logo and custom text provided by the community
- Featured placement on Wikia Gaming
- Custom Spotlights driving traffic and awareness to your community
If this sounds like fun to you, and I know it does, just drop me a line and tell me your in :)
Hi there, did you know that some of the users of this wiki have reported some problems? You can view them at Special:ProblemReports. Its a great system for users to mark pages with various types of problems to bring them to the attention of admins (like you). Often they are about the subject of the wiki, and only someone from the wiki can make the knowledgeable decision on how to fix the page.
Its a fairly simple system to use. You can click the magnify glass icon to show the reported problem for each ticket. The icons on the right change the status of the report. The green check mark icon is for "Fixed", you use this if you read the report, and changed something on the page to fix the reported problem, (or deleted it, if its a vandal/spam report), or anything that "Fixes" the problem. The red X icon is for "closed", this is for reports that are false/jokes, or things that are not really a problem. The yellow triangle will mark a report for need help by Wikia Staff, it is used when there is something wrong with the wiki that you cannot fix here with editing pages, such as menus not working, or skin problems, or anything beyond your control. Use it sparingly, as there are many wikis, and our time is limited, but dont be afraid to use it either, we dont want you to have a broken wiki for too long. The last icon is for returning a report back to an open or 'Pending' state if you accidentally used one of the first 3 icons.
If you are using the Monaco skin, there is a ProblemReport widget you can add to your sidebar, so you can see as soon as problems are reported. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask on my talk page, I'll be glad to help you help your wiki. --Uberfuzzy 23:54, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
Hey, Manticore! I've recently made the Template:UNSC Sidebar template, and I found out that Halopedia apparently doesn't support the show/hide button feature. The template is fairly long, and it would really need those little show/hide buttons in order to be used properly.
I saw this page: http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:ShowHide_content. It says there's some kind of plug-in that can be added to the MediaWiki files in order for the show/hide buttons to function. I was thinking it might be helpful in making this feature work on the site. Thanks a million! --UNSC Trooper TalkMy Work 14:42, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
bot flag iz srs --Talk 22:15, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
es.halopedia needs more admins Edit
Hi Manticore, I want to ask if you could name a new admin as you are the only admin on es.Halopedia who is still active, ( the other admins, Phil.e. who has not edited since the 12 of November, 2007, and DeadGhost, who has not made a main space edit since August 22, 2007). Maybe the page is not very big, but there are many vandals and I think another admin will really help the Wiki.
Forum in es.Halopedia Edit
Hi Manticore, I have also started a Forum topic about Admins in es.Halopedia, I know you do not speak Spanish, but anyway here is a link.
- I've made you an administrator. Please start leaving new messages at the bottom of this page. There's a big button for it and everything. — Manticore [ Admin • IRC • HOTM • Bot ] 02:53, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
Anti Vandalism Channel Edit
Hello, I have been granted rollback and would like to request voice on the counter vandalism channel so I can stop reporting it on #halopedia. Thanks - ShadowBroker44 (TALK) (CONTRIBS) 03:55, December 24, 2009 (UTC)
there is a new vandal Edit
his I.P. address is 184.108.40.206. 220.127.116.11 18:58, February 23, 2010 (UTC)