|Haloprov's Talk Archive|
(Make sure you sign your messages (~~~~) and to add a title to it (=="Title"==)).
Hello, it has come to my attention that I may be banned for changing false information to true information, I have now learned that I must preview my edits. People keep making false information up and lies on the Wiki, so I change it when I see it.
Not Enough Activity
On my last post not enough activity you said "I only delete forum post when they are spam totally unrelated and advertisement-base" 1. i get it when people are spamming random words and numbers and shit just for attention but when people people type up some giant paragraph and it makes 100% sense you still think of it as "spam" and then you just delete all the work they put into it. and 2. i also get it when people go like HEY!! GO TO THIS WEBSITE! *website link* yeah, they deserved to be blocked. but when people are using it as an example like Yeah... i really hate *website link* i mean it's just an extremely bad website ya know... now i know that may count as advertisement to you but to me it's just an example nothing more, nothing less, but i'll give you a pass on this one. and also, when people are typing up this paragraphs and they use a little caps like HEY EVERYONE you think it's "breaking the rules" and you get rid of the post. and on top of all that you closed my post Not Enough Activity for literally no reason! the only reason you put was "Closed" but here's the thing, my post was not violating any of the rules, sure it may be anger towards staff to you but to me i was just calling out the fact that nobody really does anything on here anymore, i mean take a look at the chat! and i was also calling out the admins for what they've been doing lately. i rest my case.
Just pointing this out
Saw you reverted my edit to the halo wars 2 article and wanted to point out (Not trying to be a grammar nazi here) that the revert from this "Next, the camera showcases the aforementioned Brute Chieftain properly" to this "Next, camera showcases a the afore mentioned Brute Chieftan properly" was not needed. The edit i did on that part was correct and it would be great for the article if it were changed back.
P.S. The aforementioned edit was done in good faith and it would be greatly appreciated if edits like that were not reverted to prior edits that had mistakes in them.
Sorry for going a little far, i misunderstood the intent of reverting my prior edit. And sorry for not having a proper heading, little hard to figure it out when im on a mobile phone.
I am currently adding content and you are removing it before I can even finish polishing it with sources. The content I wish to add is the following:
This is the word, emblem and flag of the Covenant Empire, both the original and its resurrection after the war. The emblems was first seen in Halo Fleet battles. Later on it was seen on the replicas of the Truth and Recnciliation, the banshee, the ultra banshee and the temple banshee. Finally, it made an appearance in Halo 5 both on Sunaion and as a picture over Covenant comms. The Covenant artcile doesn't feature the proper emblem of the covenant. Instead it uses one of the several symbols found on covenant vehicles and crates in halo CE, 2, 3, ODST and Reach. I would request that it is finally changed to the proper one like Halopedia has aleady done since the release of Halo 5.
Untitle (Bad Quality Image being deleted?)
Hi, just curious why my uploaded screenshot of the M6H2 in Halo 5 reloading has been repeatedly deleted.
A quick question. I just did this edit. Since this is the only Halo 5 skull requiring the player to be on Legendary to get it. I tried editting the template but unfortunately, I have not worked with that temmplate builder before, i'm used to editting the code directly. So I couldn't get the template part to work since it didn't have a Halo 5 difficulty variable. Could you please help? Thanks in advance! :) Kennyannydenny (talk) 21:02, October 1, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for the quick answer and fix! And great tip for being able to edit the source, in the past 6 years I have only edited templates in source so I couldn't find everything in this tool. I understood it quickly enough but prefer just editing the source. Thanks again :) I will add all the in-game descriptions tomorrow for the skulls. Kennyannydenny (talk) 21:19, October 1, 2016 (UTC)
- I found another quick thing that I wanted to discuss with you. I've quickly booted up my copies of all games and noted that the older games (ODST, CE Anniversary, Halo 4, and Halo 3) don't have multipliers stated. But they do as part of the Master Chief Collection. Do we want to use the multipliers in the infoboxes, as stated in the MCC? Or do we not want that? The MCC features the same skulls as were available in the original seperate games, just now with stated multipliers. Kennyannydenny (talk) 09:58, October 2, 2016 (UTC)
- Ok, fine by me :) I can understand those sections are just for the original games. Ow and I haven't changed any description, and have added the original ones on all pages. But shouldn't we name the TMCC multipliers somewhere in the infobox? Or should that go HTMCC variables? Or maybe we don't want that info at all... i'm not sure. Kennyannydenny (talk) 13:06, October 2, 2016 (UTC)
- Huh? Sorry but I don't understand this edit. The lines I added are from the original menu's and the ones you now added are from the TMCC. I thought you said we should use the original ones? You're screenshots are from the original copies right? -Kennyannydenny (talk) 13:09, October 2, 2016 (UTC)
- Haha no probs! I was just a bit confused by what you said in combination with what you did. Anyhow, i'll see about changing the template like you said so I can add all the score multipliers for TMCC. Ow and thanks for changing the images titles! I wasn't 100% sure, since ODST was written as "H3ODST" but I should've figured that was 'cause "ODST" is already an abbreviation :P Cheers, Kennyannydenny (talk) 13:21, October 2, 2016 (UTC)
I did not exactly get what you mean with the message on my talkpage. I don't get what you mean with the part "Add to the Skull template a TMCC Multiplier tab under the "Skull multiplier"". Sorry, English is not my mother tongue, that could be the problem here. Did you mean something like this? Or do you mean a completely seperate TMCC header with all scores underneath it? Kennyannydenny (talk) 14:31, October 4, 2016 (UTC)
- I just noticed that the Cloud skull originally used in Halo 4 is replaced by the Fog skull in TMCC. What do you want to do with this? Keep all info on the Cloud page, even though it is named ingame as Fog? Add a Trivia on the Cloud page that it has been changed in the TMCC? Or merge the pages? Kennyannydenny (talk) 19:09, October 4, 2016 (UTC)
I noticed that most of the pages for Halo 5 REQ weapon varients do not have images. I was thinking I could get the images of the REQ cards off Halowaypoint and put them in a gallery of each of the aforementioned pages without pictures. However, before starting, I just want to make sure you're okay with me doing so, because we've kind of butted heads over REQ weapon pages in the past :)
I would have been your daddy... 21:55, October 1, 2016 (UTC)
A user was wrongfully banned by you, due to adding accurate information
They were accused of vandalism, fanon, when in truth they had done nothing wrong. The restored page now has citations proving that their information was accurate. The only fault lies with you failing to do research on the matter, this is a bit concerning seeing as you are in a position of power. If there are any other instances like this when something is assumed fanon due to lack of knowledge/lack of being up to date, such users should be un-banned.
I ask that the banned user be unbanned as they had done nothing wrong, and only added accurate information to help the wiki. And that they be given a formal apology, whoever this user may be. Thank youEditorguy (talk) 19:34, October 16, 2016 (UTC)
Stephen Loftus sizes
Just got a quick question. I just found this. It is apparently made by Stephen Loftus, someone who helped with fact checking for Halo: The Essential Visual Guide. Do we consider this as accurate, or do we not want these sizes at all at the Wiki? While he has worked together with 343 Industries, he isn't an employee at their studio. Just wanted to get your opinion on the matter, he has calculated the size of the Moa and Gúta. Kennyannydenny (talk) 09:03, October 17, 2016 (UTC)