|Haloprov's Talk Archive|
(Make sure you sign your messages (~~~~) and to add a title to it (=="Title"==)).
M45 Mortal Dictata VerificationEdit
This is what I have to verify that the M45 is in Mortal Dictata, Halo: Mortal Dictata, "Chapter 6", pg. 177. Can you tell me where exactly I edit this into the page in source mode. Thanks. Circulating Peace(Talk) 23 Oct. 2014
- You should just turn off the visual editor. Just go to "Preferences"->"Editing"->"Editing experience" and select "Source editor" in the drop-down menu.--Spartacus Talk 17:53, October 24, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for the welcome! - Tempest's Wrath
What do you think you're doing?Edit
Just to bring it to your attention, you do realize that you just undid my edit, and after I undid your edit, you protected the Forerunner page. You may have protected the page due to an edit war, but that page is a complete mess, and needs to be improved badly. What do you think you are doing? Did you not see my addition to the talk page, in which I explained how the Forerunner page was in a complete mess and needed to be improved? I came to Wikia to try it out, maybe help out a bit in some articles, write some articles, but one thing I have come to realize is that some administrators are just absolute robots. Not all of them, but some. I know I haven't even talked to you yet on this wiki, but I posted to the talk page of the Forerunner article about what I was planning to do to improve the article, and how I was planning to do it. On my post on the talk page I said I was going to use the MLA citation format, although I really meant the Wikipedia citation format. Better yet, I also said that if anyone had any questions or comments about what I was going to do, that they should post on the Forerunner talk page or my own talk page. Nothing has happened yet. Thank you.Chairmanprescott6179 (talk) 01:22, November 5, 2014 (UTC)
Do not revert my edits again. I made those edits on the Forerunner page for two reasons: to fix the reference for the physiology and armor sections, and to MAKE THE ARTICLE A LOT BETTER. Your incessant and annoying reverts are continuing to drive me insane. Stop with the reverts. This is your only warning.Chairmanprescott6179 (talk) 00:31, November 8, 2014 (UTC)
Vertigo and VortexEdit
I noticed that you edited those two pages after I added videos to them - just double checking if I did something wrong
All our makers once held dear [Alexandria before the fire] (talk) 03:11, November 9, 2014 (UTC)
Stop it nowEdit
You better listen to me, boy, what you are doing is beyond uncalled for. Your actions are mindless and rampant, and they're actually costing this wiki. I'm trying to edit the Forerunner page, and your either undoing my edits, changing my edits, or locking pages. It was just annoying at first, but now it's driving me insane. I've had to deal with too many issues with administrators and their actions against me that were just plain useless, time wasting, ineffective at solving the problem, and just plain mind numbing. It is absolutely incredible that this is happening yet again, and the fact that this interaction has to happen is mind blowing. In fact, it doesn't really have to happen in that you didn't need to change my edits on the Forerunner page or lock the page itself. I think it would be better if you just cut it out, and unblock that Forerunner page.Chairmanprescott6179 (talk) 23:22, November 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Both of you are being ridiculous. Haloprov's uncommunicative edit-warring and unwarranted protecting may be counter-productive and unbecoming of an admin, but this temper tantrum you're throwing is not helping anything either. Halopedia is currently the superior wiki, and if no one communicates about beneficial edits or about reversions of edits, Halopedia will always be superior. -- Vektor0 (talk) 23:49, November 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Haloprov, please unlock the forerunner page. I'm sure blocking this guy for a day or two will make him stop. It's concerning to have such a high traffic page locked because of one user. This guy said it himself, he has problems with administrators. Just a suggestion.
- It's clear I need to input my voice into this: Chairmanprescott, while you may have see my edits on the Forerunner as both "mindless and rampant", I'm editing the page to match what over the 7,000 other pages have similar to it, if it's either the citation, layout, or wording of it. You will also add in minor detail to mask your rewrites if I undid them. Eventually, over 20 edits from mixed editing between me and you have been going on for about a week, and usually I'll protect the page for edits wars. The first message I sent you on the 25th of July was about your multi-edit, subsequently about the Forerunner page, you replied with an unexpected lengthy response, and talked about that you don't have an easy time with many admins in the past, which you state multiple times in other messages. I do have a rather lack in communication when someone replies to my talk because I don't need to reply to ever message when someone work got undone. I used to reply to many messages but it got tedious and time-consuming, so I favor to not to message users because of that issue. If the issue is a misunderstanding or a general user un-favor, I'll respond one way or the other. Chairmanprescott, you should stand down on your edits on the Forerunner page, because obviously not all your work are in bad-faith but it would help to not get banned and to think it trough. I could have the patients to see all the naming and comments about my methods and I will take the suggestion to close the protection on the Forerunner page but if any misconduct continues, I'll ban you for 3 days.
I honestly can't tell if this is too harsh cause I can't translate others feelings from my wording. Now excuse me, I have a show to finish. Kind regards,02:42, November 10, 2014 (UTC)
How do i use it? When? Why? What do those three lines represent? I read all about them as much as I could and I am still confused. Is that all I put is the KnifeDownv2 (talk) 04:07, November 14, 2014 (UTC)??
- Ensure that your coding is correctly complied, and coding is not left open: for example, be sure to close "" with "".
Failure to do so will result in much beratement from irate Administrators who have to clean up your signature every time you use it, or even a request to not use a custom signature until the current issues with it have been amended.
I was curious about editing. I notice a lot of run on sentences, gramatical errors, ect, and I was wondering if it would be appropriate if I edited such things. I noticed a lot of run on sentences in Halo 5 Guardians. I don't know if that is just annoying of me to edit up, or if it'll make this website look more professional! Also, am I limited to only 3 edits a day? What is the rule on "Over editiing"? and will I ever get feedback if my edits are "good" or just pointless? Thank you for your time again!
Didn't have the timeEdit
Sorry I didn't source it, but it's really something you guys should have done last week. Among the other things that look like they need a serious update. If you need me contact me here.Sith-venator Wavingstrider (Commlink) 23:49, November 20, 2014 (UTC)