|Haloprov's Talk Archive|
(Make sure you sign your messages (~~~~) and to add a title to it (=="Title"==)).
M45 Mortal Dictata VerificationEdit
This is what I have to verify that the M45 is in Mortal Dictata, Halo: Mortal Dictata, "Chapter 6", pg. 177. Can you tell me where exactly I edit this into the page in source mode. Thanks. Circulating Peace(Talk) 23 Oct. 2014
- You should just turn off the visual editor. Just go to "Preferences"->"Editing"->"Editing experience" and select "Source editor" in the drop-down menu.--Spartacus Talk 17:53, October 24, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for the welcome! - Tempest's Wrath
What do you think you're doing?Edit
Just to bring it to your attention, you do realize that you just undid my edit, and after I undid your edit, you protected the Forerunner page. You may have protected the page due to an edit war, but that page is a complete mess, and needs to be improved badly. What do you think you are doing? Did you not see my addition to the talk page, in which I explained how the Forerunner page was in a complete mess and needed to be improved? I came to Wikia to try it out, maybe help out a bit in some articles, write some articles, but one thing I have come to realize is that some administrators are just absolute robots. Not all of them, but some. I know I haven't even talked to you yet on this wiki, but I posted to the talk page of the Forerunner article about what I was planning to do to improve the article, and how I was planning to do it. On my post on the talk page I said I was going to use the MLA citation format, although I really meant the Wikipedia citation format. Better yet, I also said that if anyone had any questions or comments about what I was going to do, that they should post on the Forerunner talk page or my own talk page. Nothing has happened yet. Thank you.Chairmanprescott6179 (talk) 01:22, November 5, 2014 (UTC)
Do not revert my edits again. I made those edits on the Forerunner page for two reasons: to fix the reference for the physiology and armor sections, and to MAKE THE ARTICLE A LOT BETTER. Your incessant and annoying reverts are continuing to drive me insane. Stop with the reverts. This is your only warning.Chairmanprescott6179 (talk) 00:31, November 8, 2014 (UTC)
Vertigo and VortexEdit
I noticed that you edited those two pages after I added videos to them - just double checking if I did something wrong
All our makers once held dear [Alexandria before the fire] (talk) 03:11, November 9, 2014 (UTC)
Stop it nowEdit
You better listen to me, boy, what you are doing is beyond uncalled for. Your actions are mindless and rampant, and they're actually costing this wiki. I'm trying to edit the Forerunner page, and your either undoing my edits, changing my edits, or locking pages. It was just annoying at first, but now it's driving me insane. I've had to deal with too many issues with administrators and their actions against me that were just plain useless, time wasting, ineffective at solving the problem, and just plain mind numbing. It is absolutely incredible that this is happening yet again, and the fact that this interaction has to happen is mind blowing. In fact, it doesn't really have to happen in that you didn't need to change my edits on the Forerunner page or lock the page itself. I think it would be better if you just cut it out, and unblock that Forerunner page.Chairmanprescott6179 (talk) 23:22, November 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Both of you are being ridiculous. Haloprov's uncommunicative edit-warring and unwarranted protecting may be counter-productive and unbecoming of an admin, but this temper tantrum you're throwing is not helping anything either. Halopedia is currently the superior wiki, and if no one communicates about beneficial edits or about reversions of edits, Halopedia will always be superior. -- Vektor0 (talk) 23:49, November 9, 2014 (UTC)
- Haloprov, please unlock the forerunner page. I'm sure blocking this guy for a day or two will make him stop. It's concerning to have such a high traffic page locked because of one user. This guy said it himself, he has problems with administrators. Just a suggestion.
- It's clear I need to input my voice into this: Chairmanprescott, while you may have see my edits on the Forerunner as both "mindless and rampant", I'm editing the page to match what over the 7,000 other pages have similar to it, if it's either the citation, layout, or wording of it. You will also add in minor detail to mask your rewrites if I undid them. Eventually, over 20 edits from mixed editing between me and you have been going on for about a week, and usually I'll protect the page for edits wars. The first message I sent you on the 25th of July was about your multi-edit, subsequently about the Forerunner page, you replied with an unexpected lengthy response, and talked about that you don't have an easy time with many admins in the past, which you state multiple times in other messages. I do have a rather lack in communication when someone replies to my talk because I don't need to reply to ever message when someone work got undone. I used to reply to many messages but it got tedious and time-consuming, so I favor to not to message users because of that issue. If the issue is a misunderstanding or a general user un-favor, I'll respond one way or the other. Chairmanprescott, you should stand down on your edits on the Forerunner page, because obviously not all your work are in bad-faith but it would help to not get banned and to think it trough. I could have the patients to see all the naming and comments about my methods and I will take the suggestion to close the protection on the Forerunner page but if any misconduct continues, I'll ban you for 3 days.
I honestly can't tell if this is too harsh cause I can't translate others feelings from my wording. Now excuse me, I have a show to finish. Kind regards,02:42, November 10, 2014 (UTC)
How do i use it? When? Why? What do those three lines represent? I read all about them as much as I could and I am still confused. Is that all I put is the KnifeDownv2 (talk) 04:07, November 14, 2014 (UTC)??
- Ensure that your coding is correctly complied, and coding is not left open: for example, be sure to close "" with "".
Failure to do so will result in much beratement from irate Administrators who have to clean up your signature every time you use it, or even a request to not use a custom signature until the current issues with it have been amended.
I was curious about editing. I notice a lot of run on sentences, gramatical errors, ect, and I was wondering if it would be appropriate if I edited such things. I noticed a lot of run on sentences in Halo 5 Guardians. I don't know if that is just annoying of me to edit up, or if it'll make this website look more professional! Also, am I limited to only 3 edits a day? What is the rule on "Over editiing"? and will I ever get feedback if my edits are "good" or just pointless? Thank you for your time again!
Didn't have the timeEdit
Sorry I didn't source it, but it's really something you guys should have done last week. Among the other things that look like they need a serious update. If you need me contact me here.Sith-venator Wavingstrider (Commlink) 23:49, November 20, 2014 (UTC)
I posted your blog on the gameshub mainpage. Hope that's cool with you! Nice work, too :)
Hi there, you blocked my IP address "for posting nonsense." And I have made several edits to halo nation, which one might you be reffering to? I would be happy to be informed, so I can understand. And I would like to let you know that I would never intentionally post "nonsense." Thankyou! (and please get back to me on this)
Small request Edit
Wikia derped when I was uploading my Halo emblem and assigned the wrong filename to the image. Can you delete my versions of this image that I created? Much appreciated.--Spartacus Talk 23:43, December 8, 2014 (UTC)
If not there, where should I put it? DRAEVAN13 23:04, December 10, 2014 (UTC)
Why did you undo my works on the combat knife page? I ain't mad or anything, I am a bit curious since what I had was a bit helpful. I also forgot to log-in when I edited the page. Feel free to reply when you get the chance, thanks.
Thanks for the heads up Edit
I'm sorry that I didn't follow the image naming policy (I'm new to this wiki stuff) and I am thankful for the edit.
Hey HaloProv, I wanted to change my signature to the kind you or Wilc0 or Ultra Force or others. Can you help me, please. I want mine to be like Dab1001's, just simple. Help me, please Coolbuddy379 (talk) 13:38, December 21, 2014 (UTC)
Wait, I got it. Really, really thanks.16:11, December 21, 2014 (UTC)
Hey HaloProv, I have recently seen some pages like T3CHNOCIDE/Guestbook. Can I create one, please
Thanks in advance04:32, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
Sorry for disturbing you again but I yet have another problem. After making it, I want the same signature to come on other wikis also, mainly THDF Wiki and Halo Fanon Wiki. Would you please help me again. Thanks in advancee. Thanks in advance.10:19, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
Rank category and UltraEdit
Regarding my adding categories to the Yanme'e minor page, why does one not add categories of games to species/ranks which appear in those games? The Jiralhanae ranks from Halo 3 are in its category.
And for the edit to the Sangheili Ultra page, I apologise. I realise my mistake: I had two tabs of that page open, both editing. One was an edit of the Gallery, and the other was the whole page: needless to say, when I saved the Gallery then the page, the page was reverted. My mistake, and my carelessness.
Hello! Thanks for the welcoming!Edit
Hello! Thanks for the welcoming and for the tip about the image policy. As a newcomer I'm bound to make a few mistakes here and there, but I'll do my best to learn and follow all the rules and policies. Thanks for the heads up, I'm excited to soon contribute to this wiki!
Help With EditorsEdit
Hello there. I would like some help when it comes to editors, as when I try to edit something different editors come up every time, and I dont know if this is normal or if only one type of editor should be shown depending on my settings. I also recently edited an article, I tried to follow the rules and policies the best I could but when I saved the changes there was no prompt for me to specify the changes I made. I would like to avoid any mistakes when it comes to editing and following the policies, so an answer to this would be really helpful.
Possible New Era Icon StyleEdit
Recently, I had a thought that the Era Icons should be done in a style similar to the Halo logos, and so I've created the following mockups to show what they'd look like:
What do you think? Should we use them, or stick with the current ones, and are there any changes needed? I'll begin making the rest if you like these.
19:49, January 2, 2015 (UTC)
- I think we should stick to the current ones to keep each era look consistent because theirs more icons that don't associate with the similar design. Furthermore, no change is needed as of now for the Era icons. I Appreciate the effort put into this but maybe another time.
- Kind regards, 20:05, January 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Alright, that's fine. For the other icons, I was considering putting the existing icon in the center of the O. Anyway, let me know if you change your mind.
- 21:46, January 2, 2015 (UTC)
Games Categories Edit
Remember the thing brought up by Vektor0? has the Administration given this a green light? If so, I have a question: should weapons be in their games' categories? Unless a Weapons category for every game is made, I am unsure of how to proceed.
And why was Category: Halo 2 Weapons deleted? It could have been useful, if additions were made to it.
- Currently awaiting response.
- Leave Weapons out of game categories for now.
- Category:Halo 2 Weapons was deleted because it was largely underused, as goes for Category:Halo 3 Weapons.
- When the Admins concludes the new way to change up the game category, I'll see what we can do for the weapons.
- Kind regards, 12:07, January 5, 2015 (UTC)
Other Games sectionEdit
In the Halo Media tab, maybe you should add a section called 'Other Games' which consists of games like Halo: Zero and Halo: Out with a Whimper. What do you think? Thanks in advance.14:02, January 5, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm gonna stick my nose in here and say that this will be unlikely as those are fan-made games; not official Halo media.
- Not just Fan-made games but also cancelled games and Project Contingency (though it does come under fan-made games). 13:23, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for the Blog Redirect, but it doesn't show on neither the 'User blog:Coolbuddy379' section nor the 'Recent Blogs' section. What happened? Help me please.14:56, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, I got it. Thanks. Also, I nominated you for Wikia Stars. 15:09, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
Blocking that penguin guyEdit
Thanks for blocking him. I had messaged Wilc0 but you have done it. Good. Also, what happened to the Wikia Stars nomination.
Regards.16:48, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
What's wrong this time?Edit
You deleted my Trivia on High Ground. It IS true because I have done it. What's your problem? Apparently, I can not add ANY accurate information without you or someone else deleting it. —This unsigned comment is made by Alex23323 (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Urgent repair Edit
Hey this is Nikolai and although we don't get along to well I need you to see this. It is pure stupidy and needs to be deleted. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/You%27re_No_Chips If you have any questions message me at Nikoli the rebel (talk) 02:07, January 21, 2015 (UTC)