Hey everyone, Spartawhale here. For those of you who were not aware, the Cartographer's Gift content update for Halo 5: Guardians went live this morning at around 9:30 AM PST! This content update is free and should automatically prompt the player to download upon starting the game.
As shown in the above image, the update includes:
- Forge mode and with it three empty canvas maps, Alpine, Glacier, and Parallax.
- Four multiplayer maps, Antifreeze and Entombed for Big Team, Overgrowth for Arena, and Battle of Noctus for Warzone.
- Forty-one new REQs for armors, weapons, emblems and more.
As Forge has been redone heavily, I thought I would give a quick reference list for the new and improved controls.
- Left Stick: Camera: Move, Change Speed, [Hold] Speed: Boost, Right/Left: Rotate [Blue Axis], Up/Down: Rotate [Blue Axis], Move: Objects
- Right Stick: Camera: Look, Camera: Lock-On
- A: Camera: Down, Move: Objects: Down
- B: Camera: Up, Move: Objects: Up
- X: Map/Tool: Options [menu]
- Y: Object: Place [menu]
- RB: Selection: Add, Selection: Remove
- LB: Selection: Remove All
- RT: [Hold] Rotate: Mode [enter], [Release] Move: Mode [exit]
- LT: [Hold] Move: Mode [enter], [Release] Move: Mode [exit]
- D-pad (right): [Hold] Object: Duplicate, Snap Move: Increment, Snap: Rotate: Increment
- D-pad (left): [Hold] Object: Delete, Snap Move: Increment, Snap: Rotate: Decrement
- D-pad (down): [Tap] Spartan Mode, [Hold] Spartan Mode (Bake Lights), Rotation: Reset
- D-pad (up): Magnets: Disable
Hope you all have fun playing! Feel free to leave any thoughts about the Cartographer's Gift update below! Peace out.--