The major characters in halo, like John-117 or Cortana, appear in many articles in Halopedia, even if they are not directly related to them. Characters like John-117 are also refered with many other names. And while this is not a problem for most characters, like Avery Johnson, characters like Spartan-117 can be found with many different names. For example, John-117 can be also found as John-117, Master Chief, SPARTAN-117 etc.
Genarally, SPARTAN-II's that their name is known can be written either with their codemane (for example, Spartan-111) or with their real name. Or with a combnation between them. Thel' Vadam is also refered in some articles as the Arbiter (as well as the previous Arbiters). All these multiple names create a confusion.
My proposal is to make a list of such characters so we stop refering characters with multiple names but with only one. This can be also a new policy page, for the Spartans or the Arbiters in general.
- Neutral - Meh, it's fine as is. John-117 is the standard for the Chief these days, and is usually seen as "John-117" or "MCPO John-117". Saying that, you don't need to refer to the Chief as MCPO John-117 every time he comes up in an article, as it would get majorly redundant. Really, I don't see any use for a name standards, as even the Admins use plenty of different names...and I doubt most people will take the time to follow it. Grizzlei ♥ ツ
- Neutral - CT is somewhat right. - JEA13 [iTalk] 13:04, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral - As per CT. - Nìcmávr (Tálk) 13:11, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral - sometimes "Master Chief" is more appropriate in a sentence than "John-117." The same applies for other articles - we need to be flexible, rather than restricting ourselves to a narrow path. For the links themselves, it would be fine - it would certainly make most of the redirect pages redundant. -- Administrator Specops306 - Qur'a 'Morhek Honour Light Your Way! 22:00, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral - I see where you're coming from but I agree with Specops. Dragonblaze-052 00:52, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral - Yeah, in some contexts, another name is more appropriate. Good idea though.GySgt. Gonzalez 05:44, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - No. I will not elaborate. Kougermasters (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 05:48, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
* Oppose-Bad idea.--Hunter Zealot 21:28, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - Using, for example, Master Chief or Johnson is easier to use than MCPO John-117 or Sgt Avery Johnson. SNES Lover 22:32, September 11, 2009
- Oppose as per SNES lover, Master Chief or Johnson is easier to use than MCPO John-117 or Sgt Avery Johnson.--Strider658369398 17:56, September 13, 2009 (UTC)