Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The major characters in halo, like John-117 or Cortana, appear in many articles in Halopedia, even if they are not directly related to them. Characters like John-117 are also refered with many other names. And while this is not a problem for most characters, like Avery Johnson, characters like Spartan-117 can be found with many different names. For example, John-117 can be also found as John-117, Master Chief, SPARTAN-117 etc.
Genarally, SPARTAN-II's that their name is known can be written either with their codemane (for example, Spartan-111) or with their real name. Or with a combnation between them. Thel' Vadam is also refered in some articles as the Arbiter (as well as the previous Arbiters). All these multiple names create a confusion.
My proposal is to make a list of such characters so we stop refering characters with multiple names but with only one. This can be also a new policy page, for the Spartans or the Arbiters in general.
- Neutral - Meh, it's fine as is. John-117 is the standard for the Chief these days, and is usually seen as "John-117" or "MCPO John-117". Saying that, you don't need to refer to the Chief as MCPO John-117 every time he comes up in an article, as it would get majorly redundant. Really, I don't see any use for a name standards, as even the Admins use plenty of different names...and I doubt most people will take the time to follow it. Grizzlei ♥ ツ
- Neutral - CT is somewhat right. - JEA13 [iTalk] 13:04, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral - As per CT. - Nìcmávr (Tálk) 13:11, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral - sometimes "Master Chief" is more appropriate in a sentence than "John-117." The same applies for other articles - we need to be flexible, rather than restricting ourselves to a narrow path. For the links themselves, it would be fine - it would certainly make most of the redirect pages redundant. -- Administrator Specops306 - Qur'a 'Morhek Honour Light Your Way! 22:00, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral - I see where you're coming from but I agree with Specops. Dragonblaze-052 00:52, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Neutral - Yeah, in some contexts, another name is more appropriate. Good idea though.GySgt. Gonzalez 05:44, September 12, 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - No. I will not elaborate. Kougermasters (Talk) (Contribs) (Edits) 05:48, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
* Oppose-Bad idea.--Hunter Zealot 21:28, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - Using, for example, Master Chief or Johnson is easier to use than MCPO John-117 or Sgt Avery Johnson. SNES Lover 22:32, September 11, 2009
- Oppose as per SNES lover, Master Chief or Johnson is easier to use than MCPO John-117 or Sgt Avery Johnson.--Strider658369398 17:56, September 13, 2009 (UTC)