Welcome everyone to my first ever "What we Know". This is basically a blog about what we know about a certain topic (in this case, Halo 5: Guardians) and what the givens could be. I might be posting more "What we Know" in the future if the news is juicy. So lets get to it.
Also, if you want to read the announcement blog, go here:
BREAKING NEWS!!! HALO 5: GUARDIAN COMING ON XBOX ONE IN 2015
What we Know: Halo 5: Guardians
I will just say it first as it haves been said many time by several sources and people: Yes, it's Master Chief. Yes it's in 60 frames per seconds. And yes, there will be Dedicated Servers.
But what does the announcement brings besides the title and a promotional art?
- “Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.” That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.”— Bonnie Ross, General Manager, 343 Industries
We also get a Fall 2015 released, prior to their claim of "Your Journey begins in 2014."
- “In the past, “Halo” games have pushed the Xbox forward, showcasing the console and its ecosystem in entertaining and innovative ways. Making a “Halo” game that runs at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we’ve been dreaming of for more than a decade, is non-trivial. It’s a task that we, at 343 Industries, are taking very seriously to ensure we deliver the “Halo” game that fans deserve, and a game that is built from the ground up for Xbox One.”— Bonnie Ross, General Manager, 343 Industries
The released promotional art shows 2 male figures. Obviously, the one on the bottom is the beloved Master Chief wielding his MA5 Series Assault Rifle, in the same armor as in Halo 4, and haves his damaged visor seen in the Halo E3 2013 teaser. The more interesting part of this piece is the character above. He is wielding a Battle rifle with an unique scope, with a dark-tone armor, and a blue visor. He also bears a ONI patch on his left breast plate. The scenery is a desert with pillars, cliffs, and various structures that looks similar to the concept art as well (better seen in the cut down version). This is also NOT the final cover art as it's subjective to change, Frank O'Connor states in a post on NeoGaf.
In the concept art, there are various structures shown with a shadow figure on the bottom. There is also a red flags, flying squids, and a distinctive statue (click here for concept analysis photo). The squids could be an reused asset that never made it into the final build of Halo 4 as there is concept art and a screenshot of it in the Halo 4 E3 2012 Demo. The statue resembles an Sangheili wielding a Energy sword.
So there's that. You should go check out Grif's blog of him speculating of who the mysterious male is. If I missed anything and you want me to place in the blog, comment on my post I'll create after this is finnished. Thank you for reading this and have a nice day! Bai Bai!!
- Twitter - JoshingtonState
- Xbox.com - The Halo Journey
- Halofanforlife.com - Josh Holmes and Frank O’Conner, Re: the Halo 5 Guardians graphic
- Halofanforlife.com - Addition to my Halo 5 Guardians theory…the concept art location