It's been quite a while since ODST hit the shelves now, and as far as can be told, reception has been mixed. People have been complaining about the lack of BRs, the relatively "strange" campaign, and canon consistency (ODST carrying a chaingun around, anyone?). Here at Halopedia though, it seems that ODST is being more positively praised, especially for the awesome-sauce new Firefight mode, and the toughest marine ever to set foot in a 1st-person shooter game, Sgt. Johnson, now playable. The Mythic Map pack seems to also be rated pretty high (except Citadel, which is like a Rocket Launcher n00b farm).
So to sum things up, the good and bad of Halo 3: ODST.
- Firefight mode
- Vidmaster Achievements (i can haz reconz?)
- Sgt. Johnson as a playable character
- Open World area in Campaign (Halo, GTA style!!!)
- Mythic Map Pack
- Rather boring campaign (at least compared to other Halo games)
- Lack or BR-ness
- Lack of matchmaking for Firefight mode
- $60??? Really?
If there's any other viewpoints, feel free to post them.