Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gameplay of Halo 3 is gone, and has been replaced by the gameplay of Halo: Reach. Obviously, many things have changed such as replacing the Hornet with the Falcon. However, I quickly found some problems with the newest UNSC aerial vehicle compared to the older Hornet. Please note that these comparisons are for mutiplayer only.
- Pilot has access to weapons
- Anti-vehicular capabilities
- Able to carry players who are carrying objectives
- Vulnerable to attacks from the side and rear
- Vulnerable to anything larger than small arms fire
- Side-mounted guns able to combat multiple targets at the front, sides, and rear
- Increased range of motion tracker
- Lack of any pilot controlled weapons, forced to rely on two additional players for defense
- Instant triple-kill when destroyed
- Lack of any variants to make up for this
- Lack of anti-vehicular weapons
- Lack of variant with grenade turrets due to "balancing reasons"
- Unable to transport players carrying objectives unless standing on top, forcing the Falcon to fly more slowly to keep person on top
- Rotors instantly kill anyone clumsy enough to get too close while riding on top
- Lack of coordination and communication between the pilot and the gunners can and will get Falcon destroyed
Given these factors for multiplayer, I personally prefer using the older Hornet over the newer Falcon.