Gameplay of Halo 3 is gone, and has been replaced by the gameplay of Halo: Reach. Obviously, many things have changed such as replacing the Hornet with the Falcon. However, I quickly found some problems with the newest UNSC aerial vehicle compared to the older Hornet. Please note that these comparisons are for mutiplayer only.
- Pilot has access to weapons
- Anti-vehicular capabilities
- Able to carry players who are carrying objectives
- Vulnerable to attacks from the side and rear
- Vulnerable to anything larger than small arms fire
- Side-mounted guns able to combat multiple targets at the front, sides, and rear
- Increased range of motion tracker
- Lack of any pilot controlled weapons, forced to rely on two additional players for defense
- Instant triple-kill when destroyed
- Lack of any variants to make up for this
- Lack of anti-vehicular weapons
- Lack of variant with grenade turrets due to "balancing reasons"
- Unable to transport players carrying objectives unless standing on top, forcing the Falcon to fly more slowly to keep person on top
- Rotors instantly kill anyone clumsy enough to get too close while riding on top
- Lack of coordination and communication between the pilot and the gunners can and will get Falcon destroyed
Given these factors for multiplayer, I personally prefer using the older Hornet over the newer Falcon.