The Original Theory. I have been wondering Hot Sauce theory about the Gravemind surviving the Rings. It's very interesting for me. And I know it is late to post a expansion to a theory wrote 242 days ago.
Facts that I consider important:
- First of all, the Gravemind is described as a Centralized Gravemind.
- Why I consider it important: The Forerunners were with the supposed Mantle of Guardianship of all life in the Galaxy. That implies that the Forerunners were expanded in all the Galaxy. If the Maginot Sphere was the last stand of the Forerunners and the Flood were infested significant part of the Galaxy, with all that biomass, why not the current Gravemind, did himself more powerful with more biomass, and construct another in case that he was destroyed?.
- Second, there was a Gravemind in Installation 05.
- Why I consider it important: That Gravemind have to be old. Why? If you read the Cold Storage Transmission, the contaiment on Installation 05 failure was long time before the Covenant arrived at the Ring. The only Halo Wildlife ever encountered was birds that you can snipe. And so, where the Flood get all the Biomass to build a Gravemind, the only expalnation will be that the Gravemind was not build there, instead arrived with the Fleet that Medicant send to a unknown place, in this case Installation 05.
- Finally, the comments of the Gravemind, here one of the most important, said in the Halo 2 level, Gravemind: "There is much talk. And I have listened. Through rock, and metal, and time. Now I shall talk, and you shall listen".
- Why I consider it important: I know that this have been discused in the original blog, so, this is part is short. The final word time made me think. Also, this comment support that the Gravemind is the same of the Forerunner-Flood War, said in the Halo 3 level, Halo: "I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone". The sentence "Fleets of thousands..." likely mean how the Flood destroyed, ship by ship, the Forerunners Navy (If that was the name of it). And the sentence "Consumed the galaxy..." likely mean, the way that the Flood infested the Forerunners that were not killed by the array.
Thanks for reading this expansion. Tell me your opinions.