Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Imagaine that it is 12 years from now, and you own the Halo franchise, which has finished and been forgotten (purely hypothetical :P). You want to reboot it, on its 25th anniversary (2026). How would you do it? Which games would you remake/reskin? Why?
Personally, I'd rerelease every game,(I'm a perfectionist) and have the anniversary-style switching between new and old, but I would have the new being a completely new engine, rather than a reskinned version. Like the CEA, I'd add extra skulls and terminals, but the skulls already in the game would be kept. As for the new engine, it would be the best physics & graphics engine available, and would have old features such as dual wielding and equipment but new ones too, such as sprint.
Rather than having a seperate multiplayer bundled in though, I would have a single multiplayer FTP game, and owning the rereleases would unlock maps, for firefight and for multiplayer. Forge would have all weapons, vehicles, equipment and armor abilities (although only availble in matchmaking in maps from games which had them) so that all maps could be properly recreated, The only exceptions to these rules would be Halo Wars and Halo: Spartan Assault, who's multiplayer would be buil;t in.
So overall, there would be the following games:
- Halo Trilogy - Halo 1,2 and 3 all in one. It would unlock all maps from Halos CE, PC, 2, 2 Vista, 3, 3 Mythic and CEA.
- Halo ODST - Halo 3: ODST with extra things hidden in the city, and it would unlock firefight maps.
- Halo Reach - Unlocks maps from Halo: Reach
- Halo Reclaimer - The reclaimer trilogy all in one. Unlocks what you'd expect (Also, spartan ops as firefight maps in the MP and as a side-campaign)
- Halo Wars - Halo Wars but with all those darn inconsistencies fixed.
- Halo Spartan Assault - HSA reskinned, but with each of the 5 operations strung together as a single missions.
- Halo Multiplayer - Afore mentioned multiplayer disk.
I know it sounds really idealistic, but if it was me, I'd make it happen simply because it is Halo. What about you?