Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In this blog, I wanted to know your opinion on these two Covenant low-ranking infantry: the mighty Grunts and the ferocious Jackals. Wich one do you prefer? Wich one do you consider a better warrior? Wich one do you consider the hardest to kill?
To support your decision here is a list of the pros and cons of the two species:
- Grunts (Unggoy)
- High-ranking Grunts wield far more powerful weapons than Jackals (Fuel Rod Cannons and Plasma Launchers).
- Grunts are able to throw Plasma Grenades and can rain hell on the UNSC forces if the Catch Skull is on.
- Grunts can transport, mount, and use Plasma Cannons during a battle.
- Suicide Grunts can kill a Spartan or an entire squad of well trained Marines if they aren't aware.
- Grunts can operate Covenant machinery such as Ghosts, Shade Turrets and Phantom and Wraith Plasma Cannons.
- Special Ops Grunts can use Cloaking to make themselves invisible.
- Grunt Ultras wear helmets that makes them less vulnerable to headshots.
- Grunts breed significantly fast wich allows them to outnumber their oponents in the battle.
- Grunts are easily taken out by a headshot.
- Grunts usually panic if their squad leader is killed.
- Grunts are very prone to teamkill if they are hit when throwing a Plasma Grenade.
- Grunts tend to sleep when there is no action around them, wich makes them vulnerable to enemy stealth attacks.
- Jackals (Kig-Yar)
- Jackals use shields that protect them from small arms fire.
- Jackal Marksmen can use long range weapons such as Beam Rifles and Carbines, wich makes them better than Grunts at long distances.
- Jackal Marksmen dispose of a HUD scope in their eye, providing better accuracy.
- Jackals are fast and agile, making them excellent scouts.
- Jackals use overcharged Plasma Pistol shots very often, making them a big threat to vehicles and Spartans.
- Jackals are very good at defending key locations.
- Jackal Marksmen can easily be taken out by a headshot.
- Jackals have a vulnerable "gap" in their shields.
- Unshielded Jackals are less resistant than Grunts.
- Regular Jackals don't possess very much firepower, their best weapon being the Needler.
In my opinion, Grunts possess more of a threat than Jackals so my bet is on them. Also because Grunts have a greater personality than Jackals. But what about you?