Over this summer I have been taking a film studies class. I had the professor and film critic for a local paper, look at the Forward Unto Dawn trailer. He had no prior experience concerning the Halo universe but still had some interesting observations and they are as follows:
- Colors of the trailer were extremely muted or omitted.
- Significant light contrasts.
- That the world is intentional made to look almost black and white.
- He also made note of the uniforms and them being reminscent of 1940s fascist uniforms.
- Photography had good values.
- A lot of implied oppression from Mise en scène.
- The editing was crisp and well done.
- It was clearly more formalist than realist.
- Despite not being a fan of Halo, he was interested in seeing more.
What does this mean…Read more >