|Unknowable energies see the from this long-abandoned Forerunner spire, making it a vital prize for Covenant and Human forces.|
Like most Halo 2 maps, Uplift provides certain landmarks that help players. Two bases are opposite from each other and connected by a large bridge, and there are large structures on either side. The blue base is built inside the cliffs making it an indoor Base, while red base is a miniature base sized version of the Library as seen in the campaign.
This map was created for larger scale objective games. It offers access to both infantry and vehicles. By doing this, "the bridge ended up being the infantry route and the terrain below is a vehicle playground". Uplift also has two turrets, "One is facing the bridge sidelong, which could whittle a flag-runner down pretty well as they try to cross it ".
The bases are well set. The blue flag/bomb arming place, in the cliffs, have only two ways to access it, by doorways through either side. The red base is also very similar. The bridge offers the direct route while vehicle ramps offer another way to get up there.
- It is possible to get to the very top of the main part where the beam comes out. It is a good place to camp with a sniper or any scoped weapon.
- The structure seen on the side of the map has a resemblance to the structure seen in the beginning of the level Silent Cartographer.
- This is one of only two levels where Needler ammunition can be seen outside the weapon, the other level being 343 Guilty Spark in Halo: Combat Evolved.
- The Forerunner space elevator has a striking resemblance to The Library.
- There is a glitch on Uplift on Halo 2 Vista that if you already have the Legend or the Ninja achievement you can walk into the red beam on Uplift and you will receive the Hired Gun or Flaming Ninja achievement depending on the ones you already have.
- Glitching out of uplift has proved impossible, unless using mods. Also, the skybox is unusually big. If on a modded server like BanShee Wars, you can fly up really high until you hit an invisible wall.
- If one were to jump into the pit with the beam, you will fall through the floor, and you will fall to your death. The same is true with grenades.