The seal of this organization is of a stylized white fist on a red circle, and is found on nearly all of their units.
Their equipment was mostly gained from captured UNSC units and buildings, including barracks and defensive turrets.
- They do not appear in the campaign of Halo Wars. They are relegated to Skirmish/Multiplayer. Their activity on Chasms suggest that they are defensive in nature. They defend base sites and Forerunner relics.
- They may be associated with the United Rebel Front, a major group also opposed to UNSC jurisdiction. Regardless, UNSC forces fighting and killing the Rebels will call them Insurrectionists.
- Many units, such as infantry called the SCI trooper and a Re-purposed Warthog, were planned for use by the Rebels but were cut from the final game.
- Note that their Rocket Launchers are not actually a "Y" ability that is found on UNSC Marines. It's instead a "passive" ability like the Rockets from a Hornet.
- The Rebels featured on all Skirmish levels of Halo Wars tend to have at least 1 star on their Veterancy level. This is likely to counteract their bases being so comparatively weak against the Covenant/UNSC.
- They are one of the only units that are found armed with sniper rifles in Halo Wars posing as an anti-infantry unit for rebels; the other being the Jackals.
- They use MA5B rifles regardless of the fact that rebels at the time used MA3 rifles and .30 caliber light machine guns.