Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|There is more information available on this subject at United Republic of Tanzania on the English Wikipedia.|
The United Republic of Tanzania is a country in East Africa between longitude 29° and 41° East, Latitude 1° and 12° South. It is bordered by Kenya and Uganda on the north, Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo on the west, and Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique on the south. To the east it borders the Indian Ocean.
The country is named after Tanganyika, its mainland part, and the Zanzibar islands off its east coast. Tanganyika united with Zanzibar in 1964, forming the "United Republic of Tanganyika and Zanzibar", which later the same year was renamed the "United Republic of Tanzania". In 1996, government offices were transferred from Dar es Salaam to Dodoma, making Dodoma the country's political capital. Dar es Salaam remains as the principal commercial city.
In the 26th-century, Tanzania is a part of the East African Protectorate.
- Mount Kilimanjaro - A mountain is located in Tanzania, near the Kenyan border. It is visible from both Crow's Nest and Voi, and snow melt from the mountain is distributed across the entire African continent by the Global Water Campaign. The The Librarian also noted how beautiful Kilimanjaro was, referring to it as a "snowcapped sentinel", and chose it as the place to spend her final moments.
- Weru Weru River - A river south of Mount Kilimanjaro, many of the Global Water Campaign's installations such as A2 Hydroelectric Facility are located along its banks and in the jungles around it.
- Zanzibar Island - An island just off the coast of Tanzania, it is where Wind Power Station 7 is located.
- Arusha - The city of Arusha is connected to Voi by the Tsavo Highway. It was either destroyed or inaccessible during the Battle of Earth.
- Petroglyph - A petroglyph depicting a Forerunner symbol is emblazoned on a Tanzanian mountainside.
Tanzania is divided into 26 regions (mkoa), twenty-one on the mainland and five on Zanzibar (three on Unguja, two on Pemba). Ninety-eight districts (wilaya), each with at least one council, have been created to further increase local authority; the councils are also known as local government authorities. Currently there are 114 councils operating in 99 districts; 22 are urban and 92 are rural. The 22 urban units are further classified as city councils (Dar es Salaam and Mwanza), municipal councils (Arusha, Dodoma, Iringa, Kilimanjaro, Mbeya, Morogoro, Shinyanga, Tabora, and Tanga) or town councils (the remaining eleven communities).
- Three multiplayer maps, Zanzibar and the remakes, Last Resort and Stonetown, are set on Zanzibar Island.
List of appearancesEdit