|Species and equipment information|
|Political and military information|
Foot soldiers, Cannon fodder
Minors are the lowest form of rank in the Unggoy ranking system, essentially being little more than expendable cannon fodder, although they prove much more of a threat in large numbers. They are one of the most common enemies, rivaled only by the Flood Infection Forms. However, on higher difficulties such as Heroic and Legendary, they became somewhat uncommon, mostly replaced with Unggoy Majors and Ultras.
Minors are the rough equivalent of the UNSC Private. Theoretically equal in rank to Kig-Yar Minors, they will often be seen in groups with several other Unggoy Minors, usually being led by a Unggoy Major, Sangheili, or Jiralhanae. Minors exhibit various combat behaviors when their commander is killed; the most common combat behavior being to simply retreat and seek cover, but sometimes will arm themselves with plasma grenades and attempting to perform a Suicide Attack by charging towards the enemy.
- Minor Grunts usually do not throw Plasma Grenades, but when they do, they sometimes throw them at point-blank range and accidentally kill themselves and/or their allies instead of the player.
- Unggoy Minors appear in almost every level where you meet Covenant in all seven Halo games.
- In Halo 3: ODST Grunt Minors, Grunt Majors and Grunt Ultras regularly wield Fuel Rod Guns in Firefight.
- In Halo 3, punching a Grunt may break off its breathing apparatus. However, very rarely, one can break off the apparatus but not kill the Grunt.
- Minecraft released a Grunt Minor Skin in the Xbox 360 edition along with the Master Chief and a Brute Major.
List of appearancesEdit
|Known Unggoy Ranks|
|Minor· Major· Heavy· Spec-Ops· Ultra|