The UNSC generator is an object of UNSC origin. The actual purpose of the generator is unknown, but Colonel Holland informs Spartans when they start a match that the generators are of utmost importance and that defending them is the primary objective.
The generator is roughly cylindrical in shape, standing on four small, squat legs, and is slightly taller than the Wolf Spider Automated Turret. It has a glowing yellow core that will gradually shift to red as the generator takes more damage, similar to a Fusion coil. The generator is capable of going into lockdown mode that is similar to the Armor Lock ability where a metal cover slides to cover the generator's core and a yellow shield covers it. The lockdown lasts 30 seconds and the generator will make a beeping noise when the lockdown mode is about to end. After the lockdown ends, the generator must cool down for a short time before it is able to enter lockdown mode again.
- When defending a generator, try to have someone with a Drop Shield stay close by at all times to protect it.
- Alternate the use of lockdown mode and the Drop Shield so that the generator is shielded at all times.
- It is easier to protect a generator if all players concentrate on defending a single generator.
- This will give you more guns to use against your enemy and it will also mean that all the Covenant forces will have only one target and so they will not be spread out as much.
- The generator is similar to the Wolf Spider Turret in that it is able to be linked to the player's HUD to display the unit's remaining health.
- Another possibility is that it is a PP-16979/AM-Sh generator.
- On the computerscreen mounted on the generator the codename "UNSC 6P ARRAY 8-K" is visible, it is unknown what this codename means.