The UNSC corvette is a Light Capital Warship classification in the UNSC Navy. Known sub-classes of the corvette include the Mako-class corvette, the Fast-attack corvette, and the UNSC prowler stealth corvette.
The Corvettes are the smallest class of warship in the UNSC Navy, and do not carry any fighters. Fast-attack corvettes are known to have a modest hangar bay with room for only one SKT-13 Shuttlecraft, basically a larger version of the Bumblebee Lifeboat, used to ferry UNSC material and personnel to and from various locations or ships. The corvettes are also known as being one of the fastest ships in the UNSC Navy. Like most other Slipspace-capable UNSC ships, corvettes possess Cryo-bays.
UNSC corvettes have been in use during both the Insurrection and the Human-Covenant war. Several Mako-class corvettes were used by the Eridanus Rebels as part of their improvised fleet. The UNSC used corvettes in multiple battles of the Human-Covenant War, including the Battle of Reach and the Battle of Earth.
Ships of the LineEdit
- UNSC Bum Rush
- UNSC Coral Sea
- UNSC Pony Express
- UNSC Chalons
- UNSC Two for Flinching
- UNSC Callisto
- UNSC Port Stanley
- ↑ Halo Encyclopedia, page 248
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 214
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, page 437
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 16
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Halo: First Strike, page 207
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 85
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Halo: Contact Harvest, page 60
- ↑ Halo: Contact Harvest, pages 63-64
- ↑ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 213