Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Dress Uniform, also referred to as "Dress Blues" (depending on type) is the standard uniform worn by the members of the UNSC Marine Corps primarily during special occasions such as parties, parades, and memorial services, as opposed to the BDU, which is worn in garrison and combat situations.
The UNSC uses several types of Dress Uniforms, a different one worn depending on occasion.
The white uniform consists of a white jacket and blue trousers, with the UNSC's Eagle Insignia on the collar. Medals are typically worn with this uniform, and it is known to be worn during award ceremonies.
The black uniform consists of a black jacket and trousers and a pair of white gloves. Medal ribbons are worn on the left breast, and qualification and branch badges are also worn on the jacket. Unit insignia is worn on the right upper sleeve, and service stripes denoting years of service are worn on the jacket cuffs. Officer rank insignia is worn on the epaulettes. The UNSC Eagle is displayed on metal discs worn on the collar. Personnel who are entitled to may wear an aiguillette with this uniform.
This uniform is known to be used by the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers and possibly other branches of the UNSC Marine Corps as well. It is known to be worn at military funerals. As its only known use has been at an ODST's funeral, it may be the dress and/or funerary uniform of the ODSTs.
A blue dress uniform nicknamed "Dress Blues" was used by the Marines in 2524. It is known to consist of a navy-blue jacket with brass buttons, and enlisted rank insignia was worn in the form of gold chevrons on the jacket sleeve. Captain Ponder wore his dress blues during the meeting between the Humans and the Jiralhanae in 2525, right before the First Battle of Harvest. It was also seen in a picture of a UNSC Marine Corps serviceman during the ending cutscene of Halo 3.
Prior to 2526, a green dress uniform was worn by certain field-grade officers, particularly the instructors at CAMS. The uniform consisted of a green blouse with matching slacks. Stylized bronze epaulettes bore the wearer's rank, as did the collar and the cuffs of the sleeves. The wearer's name was worn on the right side of the blouse, opposite any authorized ribbons and medals. The uniform was not worn with a cover.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The dress uniforms bear resemblance to those worn by their 20th and 21st Century predecessors in the United States Marine Corps. The white dress UNSC Marine Corps uniform closely resembles the dress uniform of US Marines worn during World War II. This may have been symbolic or simply a stylistic choice by Bungie.
- Bungie collaborated with the costume designer from Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers to design the UNSC Marine Dress blues uniform depicted in the We Are ODST short film, complete with the insignia and rank displays.
- ↑ Halo 3 - Epilogue
- ↑ Halo 2, Cairo Station first cutscene
- ↑ We Are ODST
- ↑ Halo: Contact Harvest
- ↑ Halo: Contact Harvest, page 248
- ↑ Halo 3 epilogue
- ↑ Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, Episodes 1-3
- ↑ Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, Episode 1
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MarineMajor-3uniforms.jpg
- ↑ YouTube - Halo ODST TV Ad: Behind the Scenes