Frigate 318-Heavy is inbound, and MAC rounds have been authorized.
On August 12, 2552 during the Fall of Reach, Grafton provided fire support for UNSC Army forces engaging in combat in the Viery Territory, accompanied by the frigate UNSC Saratoga. During the battle, Grafton was authorized to utilize its Magnetic Accelerator Cannon to destroy a Covenant structure codenamed "Spire One." Grafton succeeded in destroying the installation. The CSO-class supercarrier Long Night of Solace, which had been hovering over the battle area cloaked, revealed itself. With its cloaking shield gone, the supercarrier opened fire on Grafton using its ventral energy projector. It destroyed the frigate within less than a second, the beam ripping through the Titanium-A armor.
- The frigate is likely named after the city of Grafton, Australia.
- The ship could also be named after the USS Grafton, a ship that was in service during WWII. It could also be named after the HMS Grafton, a ship that participated (and was destroyed) in Operation Dynamo.
- During Tip of the Spear, Grafton's cannons fire in bursts of eight.
- In Tip of the Spear, it says that a Tyrant could damage the Frigate's armor. It is unlikely, as Tyrants are designed for lighter vehicles like Longsword Interceptors, Pelicans, Hornets, and Falcons.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, Page 76
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Halo: Reach - Level: Tip of the Spear
- ↑ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, Page 80