Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cole led the vessel in numerous confrontations with Insurrectionist forces in the first years of the 26th century. Most notably, it thrice engaged the insurgent-controlled Bellicose, which escaped twice and fought Cole to a draw once. In 2502, the Gorgon was laid up in a space dock for repairs after the Skirmish at Capella which cost the lives of thirty-two of its crew members. The rest of the crew was granted a month of leave.
- The vessel was named after the Gorgons of Greek mythology which were creatures with hair made of living snakes and whose gaze could turn any living thing to stone, the most famous example of whom is Medusa.
- The Gorgon's early MAC held only three rounds.
- The Gorgon is likely the same ship as the UNSC frigate of the same name mentioned in Halo: The Fall of Reach. By comparison to destroyers of the Human-Covenant war those of the Insurrection-era were lightly armed and armored; the Gorgon may have been reclassified as a frigate as it became obsolete as a destroyer.
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, page 447
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, page 450
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 134
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe, The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole, page 451