UNSC Fleet Command, colloquially known as FLEETCOM, is the primary operations group of the United Nations Space Command Navy, responsible for ship deployment, mission structures, and space operations. It is subordinate to the UNSC Naval Command. All naval vessels report through FLEETCOM and the commanding admirals of the UNSC.
Special Operations CommandEdit
Known admirals of the UNSC Navy:
- Secretary Tchakova (mother of Dimah Tchakova)
- Roland Freemont
- Ysionris Jeromi
- Carl "Buster" Patterson
- Hieronymus Michael Stanforth
- Preston Jeremiah Cole
- Konrad Volkov
- Margaret Orlenda Parangosky
- Harold Stanforth
- Dale Kilkin
- Terrence Hood
- H.T. Ward
- Alexander Reaves
- Danforth Whitcomb
- Kopano N'Singile
- Jean Mawikizi
- Ned Rich
- Unnamed Admiral
FLEETCOM has two known headquarters, one on the planet Reach at an undisclosed location, but most likely nearby Menachite Mountain and the Office of Naval Intelligence's CASTLE Base. The second known headquarters is in Sydney, Australia, on Earth.
FLEETCOM designates orders to UNSC fleets during interstellar warfare operations. As such, it has participated in virtually every space-based battle to date.
Some of the space battles that FLEETCOM was responsible for:
During the Fall of Reach, FLEETCOM HQ commanded over 150 vessels of the Epsilon Eridani Defense Fleet as well as the twenty Orbital Defense Platforms when the Covenant Fleet of Particular Justice invaded the colony. Nonetheless, Reach was glassed, with FLEETCOM HQ being one of the first headquarters to fall.
A sector is a region of space as identified by the United Nations Space Command. Sectors usually contain several star systems, some of which contain UEG colony worlds. Other sectors contain no planets at all.
The UNSC Navy designates sectors as "FLEETCOM Sector (number)" to denote the division of command the sector's inhabitants fall under. Other sectors are simply designated "Sector (letter)-(three numbers)".
There are two known FLEETCOM Sectors:
- Sector One - This sector of UNSC-controlled space includes the colonies and planets of the Epsilon Eridani, Tantalus, and Lambda Serpentis system. UNSC naval forces there were commanded by Admiral Roland Freemont Fall of Reach in Summer 2552. Sector One's forces were ordered to defend Reach at all costs.
- Sector Three - This sector of UNSC-controlled space includes the Sigma Octanus system. Commanded by Admiral Hieronymus Michael Stanforth in 2552, this sector was the site of the Battle of Sigma Octanus IV, one of the UNSC's few major victories against the Covenant.
FLEETCOM controls a variety of different types of ships and vessels, each designed and utilized in battle-specific roles in interstellar warfare. Below is a comprehensive listing of some of the types of vessels that are incorporated in a standard UNSC fleet:
- Frigate - These relatively small and lightly armed ships typically escort larger vessels.
- Destroyer - Similarly to frigtes, UNSC destroyers also provide escort for larger ships, though they are more capable of direct combat.
- Carrier - A small amount of these massive ships that deploy fighter ships and groundside troops can be seen in a standard UNSC fleet.
- SuperCarrier - The super carriers are the biggest of any UNSC ships at 4 kilmeters long.They have a huge armanant and cargo for deployment. There is said to be one in every systems fleet though the only known one is the UNSC Trafalgar, which was destroyed at the Fall of Reach.
- Cruiser - A handful of these gigantic, heavily armed, and heavily armored capital warships that emphasize armor and weaponry over fighter/troop deployment can be seen in a standard UNSC fleet.
- Prowler - Prowlers serve as electronic warfare and intelligence gathering vessels, as well as mine layers. One Prowler is assigned to each UNSC fleet and battlegroup.
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)