Garrison and defense
The UNSC Army is a branch of the UNSCDF primarily responsible for land-based military operations. They launch offensive operations from land bases against land-based targets and are used in capturing and establishing control over UNSC-held territory. The UNSC Army frequently patrols colony planets.
During the Battle of Actium, Colonel Akono Menteith and the 53rd Armored Division defended the planet against a Covenant invasion force, ultimately resulting in all 12,000 Army soldiers being annihilated and the planet glassed.
Assault on Epsilon Eridani
Fall of Reach
- Main article: Fall of Reach
When the Visegrád Relay went down, 3 Charlie was sent to investigate first, right before Noble Team. The Army would also be the first responders when Sword Base would come under attack. Noble Team would provide support towards the end of the battle. Noble Team would discover the Fleet of Valiant Prudence, and as part of WINTER CONTINGENCY, the Army would counter where ever the Covenant was. Operation: UPPER CUT would be executed by Noble Team while supported by the Army. New Alexandria would be evacuated and battled over by elements of the Army. Noble Team would destroy Sword Base and carry the package to Aszod. It would be SPARTAN-B312 who would defend the UNSC Pillar of Autumn before it left Reach. Army forces would help defend ODG Facility A-412.
Battle for Tribute
- Main article: Battle of Tribute
Attack on Sol
All active duty soldiers of the UNSC Army wear the UNSC Army Battle Dress Uniform.
Post-war Army combat divers use the Mako MJOLNIR Helmet. The Air Assault MJOLNIR Helmet was first utilized by Army airborne units during the Human-Covenant war, but were also given to Army special forces to use after the war.
After the war, the Army uses the M57 Pilum Assault Weapon for their rocket launcher. The M392 DMR was transferred over to reserve units and the M395 DMR began to be used more. The Army also began to use the Recon variant of the MA5D Assault Rifle.
After the war, the HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark IX Armor Defense System was utilized and upgraded by the Army. Army scouts use the Urban variant of the M290 Mongoose. The Urban variant of the M820 MBT is also used by the Army. In arctic conditions, soldiers will use the Tundra variant of the M12R Rocket Hog. In forested regions, the Woodland variant of the M12 LRV is used. As well, some garrisons still use the M850 MBT.
The Army is only known to utilize one air vehicle, the UH-144 Falcon.
- Main article: UNSC Army Personnel
- Main article: UNSC Army Units
- Some female army soldiers have hair descending down from their helmets, as opposed to the Marines, where all female Marines seem to have crew cuts.
- The UNSC Army makes its in-game debut in Halo: Reach, in which UNSC Army soldiers, Marines, and ODSTs have their own service tags showing their name and rank. Some of them are named after Bungie and Rooster Teeth employees.
- The UNSC Army is never mentioned and is not present during the Hillside Memorials dedication in Halo 3.
- ↑ As Gabriel Thorne was in the Army, it is most likely that the Army fought here.
- ↑ Considering that James Ackerson was an Army Colonel, the UNSC most likely used Army forces during the Battle of Mare Erythraeum.
- ↑ Letter - Re:UNSC Army
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo.bungie.org: Interview with Frank O'Connor and Robert McLees
- ↑ Halo: Escalation Issue 7
- ↑ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 105
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Trailer: Deliver Hope
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Level: Winter Contingency
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Trailer: Patrol
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Level: ONI: Sword Base
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Level: Nightfall
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Level: Tip of the Spear
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Level: Long Night of Solace
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Level: Exodus
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Level: New Alexandria
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Level The Package
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Level: The Pillar of Autumn
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Easter Egg: Powerhouse Radio Conversation
- ↑ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 20
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions, Palace Hotel
- ↑ Halo: Uprising: Issue One
- ↑ Spartan Ops - Episode 1: Chapter 1, Land Grab
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Mako (Helmet)
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Description: Air Assault (AA Base)
- ↑ Halo: Reach - Description: Air Assault (FC-I)
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Air Assault (Helmet)
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Universe - Weapons - Rocket Launcher
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Universe - Weapons - DMR
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Recon AR
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 [https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/vehicles/grizzly Halo Waypoint: - Universe - Vehicles - Grizzly
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Urban Mantis
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Urban Mongoose
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Urban Scorpion
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Tundra Rocket Hog
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Woodland Warthog