Garrison and defense
The UNSC Army is a branch of the UNSCDF primarily responsible for land-based military operations. They launch offensive operations from land bases against land-based targets and are used in capturing and establishing control over UNSC-held territory. The UNSC Army frequently patrols colony planets.
During the Battle of Actium, Colonel Akono Menteith and the 53rd Armored Division defended the planet against a Covenant invasion force, ultimately resulting in all 12,000 Army soldiers being annihilated and the planet glassed.
Assault on Epsilon Eridani
Fall of Reach
- Main article: Fall of Reach
When the Visegrád Relay went down, 3 Charlie was sent to investigate first, right before Noble Team. The Army would also be the first responders when Sword Base would come under attack. Noble Team would provide support towards the end of the battle. Noble Team would discover the Fleet of Valiant Prudence, and as part of WINTER CONTINGENCY, the Army would counter where ever the Covenant was. Operation: UPPER CUT would be executed by Noble Team while supported by the Army. New Alexandria would be evacuated and battled over by elements of the Army. Noble Team would destroy Sword Base and carry the package to Aszod. It would be SPARTAN-B312 who would defend the UNSC Pillar of Autumn before it left Reach. Army forces would help defend ODG Facility A-412.
Battle for Tribute
- Main article: Battle of Tribute
Attack on Sol
All active duty soldiers of the UNSC Army wear the UNSC Army Battle Dress Uniform.
- 124th Mechanized Infantry Brigade
- 34th Infantry Brigade
- 3rd Mechanized Brigade
- 53rd Armored Division
- 2nd Armored Division
- 8th Armored Brigade
- Some female army soldiers have hair descending down from their helmets, as opposed to the Marines, where all female Marines seem to have crew cuts.
- The UNSC Army makes its in-game debut in Halo: Reach, in which UNSC Army soldiers, Marines, and ODSTs have their own service tags showing their name and rank. Some of them are named after Bungie and Rooster Teeth employees.
- The UNSC Army is never mentioned and is not present during the Hillside Memorials dedication in Halo 3.
- ↑ As Gabriel Thorne was in the Army, it is most likely that the Army fought here.
- ↑ Considering that James Ackerson was an Army Colonel, the UNSC most likely used Army forces during the Battle of Mare Erythraeum.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo.bungie.org: Interview with Frank O'Connor and Robert McLees
- ↑ Halo: Escalation Issue 7
- ↑ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 105
- ↑ Remember Reach: Deliver Hope
- ↑ Halo: Reach level Winter Contingency
- ↑ Remember Reach: Patrol
- ↑ Halo: Reach level ONI: Sword Base
- ↑ Halo: Reach level Nightfall
- ↑ Halo: Reach level Tip of the Spear
- ↑ Halo: Reach level Long Night of Solace
- ↑ Halo: Reach level Exodus
- ↑ Halo: Reach level New Alexandria
- ↑ Halo: Reach level The Package
- ↑ Halo: Reach level The Pillar of Autumn
- ↑ Halo: Reach: Powerhouse Radio Conversation
- ↑ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 20
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions, Palace Hotel
- ↑ Halo: Uprising: Issue One
- ↑ Letter - Re:UNSC Army