- "Dragon X-ray, it looks like all I've got available at this time is the UNSC Aegis Fate."
- — Blue-Delta.
Fall of ReachEdit
- Main article: Fall of Reach
The Aegis Fate was present during the Fall of Reach. It was one of the few warships to escape the planet as the Covenant glassed it from orbit. During the Fall of Reach, it was assigned to bring fire support for a group of Marines fighting on the ground.
Battle of EarthEdit
- Main article: Battle of Earth
The Aegis Fate rejoined the UNSC at Earth and fought alongside the Home Fleet during the Battle of Earth. By the time John-117 returned from Installation 05 on November 17, it was one of the few ships left in the battered fleet.
The Aegis Fate took part in the attempt to stop the Prophet of Truth from activating the portal. The Aegis Fate fired MAC rounds at the Forerunner Dreadnought alongside the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn and another unnamed frigate but their attacks did little, if any, damage to the Dreadnought.
Battle of Installation 00Edit
The Aegis Fate, as well as the Forward Unto Dawn, docked inside the Shadow of Intent's hangar bay and entered through the portal that lead to The Ark. Once there, both ships exited the Shadow of Intent's hangar and engaged the Covenant Loyalist fleet. The exact details of the Aegis Fate's involvement in the battle are unknown. It probably supplied resources for the UNSC forces on the Ark as well as the Elites.
- The Aegis Fate can be seen if one looks towards the northeastern patch of unclouded sky on the Halo 3 multiplayer map Sandtrap.
- Aegis was the name of the goddess Athena's shield in Greek mythology. The word Aegis was often used in relevance to protection, so "Aegis Fate" could mean "Protective Fate," or "Doomed to Protect."
- Prior to Halo 3's release, the Aegis Fate was thought to be a UNSC Battle Cruiser utilized in the Battle of Installation 00, as descriptions found in the Halo 3 Beta described it as such.
- On the Halo: Reach map Overlook, radio chatter heard near Generator B mentions the Aegis Fate, and how it was currently docked on Reach. This would confirm the vessel's presence during the Fall of Reach.
List of appearancesEdit