|This article is a stub and does not have enough relevant information. You can help by expanding it.|
The Unified Earth Government traced its origins back to the Interplanetary War of the mid- to late-22nd Century in the Sol system. With numerous Earth governments fighting independent battles against Frieden and Koslovics forces, the UN became involved, eventually using the war to absorb most, if not all Earth governments into itself, forming a global government to combat the terrorists and stabilize the planet and its other world colonies. The UN won the war and the Unified Earth Government was formed, with its' primary defense, scientific and exploratory force being the newly formed UNSC. Although the UEG seemed to have complete control over Earth and its colonies, the UN still existed as an organization and a political entity in the 26th century.
- “Humanity can now breathe again. The Covenant has finally been driven back. The cost in lives- our troops and our citizens- has been enormous. But freedom never comes cheaply, and now, we rebuild. I promise this to every man, woman, and child on Earth and in its colonies. While we will continue to strive for a peaceful coexistence with other species, humanity will never again allow itself to be the victim of aggression. This is the moment we start to reclaim our rightful place in the universe.”
Following the end of the war and the inauguration of Dr. Ruth Charet the UNSC handed back civilian powers on January 8, 2553. As well, the UEG began Project Rebirth to help rebuild parts of Earth after the destructive battle for the planet.
|Colonial Administration Authority||The Colonial Administration Authority is the branch that administers the various colonies that belong to the UEG.|
|United Nations Space Command||The UNSC is the UEG's military, main exploratory and scientific arm. It includes various special forces, and Militia organizations, but is mainly comprised of the Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Army and Spartan Corps.|
|United Nations||Even though it originally formed the UEG, the United Nations has been absorbed into a branch of the Earth government by the 26th century.|
|N/A||Department of Public Record||This department manages death records, and likely other types of records.|
|N/A||Inner Territories Transportation Administration||The Inner Territories Transportation Administration was a transport authority for the Inner colonies.|
|N/A||Diplomatic Corps||The UEG operated a Diplomatic Corps.|
The UEG maintained a number of colonies throughout the Orion Arm of the Milky Way galaxy, in various stages of colonization; from the well developed Inner colonies, to the largely unexplored and underdeveloped Outer Colonies.
The UEG's influence over these worlds were greatly reduced by the Covenant during the Human-Covenant War, with only Earth and a few scattered colonies left mostly intact by the end of the conflict in 2552. Since the end of the conflict, the UNSC is working to restore its galactic territories and has even recolonized some of its former worlds.
List of Known Colonies
- Main article: UEG Worlds
- Main article: National government
- Main article: UEG Politicians
|Earth||Mombasa||Section 0-5 UEG Storage Facility||Storage Facility|
- Main article: UEG Positions
- Both the Unified Earth Government and the United Nations Space Command are references to the human government (United Earth Government) and military (United Earth Space Council), respectively, from Bungie's Marathon series.
- ↑ Hunt the Truth - Episode 07: Who's Listening (Part 1)/(Part 2)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Halo Waypoint: UEG
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Halo Story Page: Frank O'Connor/Robt McLees Interview - August 2008
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Catalog AI
- ↑ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 229
- ↑ Halo: Contact Harvest - Page 37
- ↑ Halo: Glasslands - Page 43
- ↑ Halo: Legacy of Onyx - Chapter 1, Page ???
- ↑ Hunt the Truth - Image: Obituary Documents
- ↑ Hunt the Truth - Episode 05: Out of Time
- ↑ Halo: Envoy - Chapter 1, Page ???
- ↑ Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo - Pages 90-92