Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Type-36 Scarabs are defined by the fact that they are fitted with a powerful Class-4 plasma cannon similar to those used by Type-27 "Mantis" AACs. The Type-36 Scarab, like all other Scarabs, is operated by a gestalt of Lekgolo worms under the command of a supervisor. Gestalts are seldom allowed complete control over the vehicles due to the presence of unruly strains of Lekgolo worm in most colonies inhabiting Scarabs, which could cause problems if not kept in check.
It has been speculated with almost absolute certainty that this particular Scarab variant is a field modification, a conclusion bolstered by the fact that this particular Scarab has been sighted with a large range of chassis designs. Despite this, however, the performance of the vehicles in practical scenarios remains mostly uniform across these designs.
- Catalog once erroneously identified the Scarab seen during the Battle of Mombasa in Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary as a Type-36 Scarab, in direct contradiction to the Halo: Evolutions short story Palace Hotel and Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, both of which state that it is a Type-47.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Halo Waypoint - Universe, Scarab
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Forums, Catalog Interaction("Query Answer: Human records classify these [weapon platforms] as the Type-36 Ultra-Heavy Assault Platform and Type-47 Ultra-Heavy Assault Platform.")
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - Palace Hotel, Page 201 (In Volume II) ("From his position he would've been able to see the tee forty-seven even before it crested the bridge-" - John-117)
- Type-29 "Super Scarab" UHSE - The "Super" Scarab variant seen in Halo Wars' level Scarab.
- Type-47 "Scarab" UHAP - The designation encompassing both Scarab variants seen in Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach and Halo 2: Anniversary.
- Type-30 "Locust" LE/AFP - A similar but smaller and less powerful excavator, which appears in Halo Wars.
- Type-58 "Harvester" UHSE/E - An ultra-heavy mining excavator similar to the Scarab, albeit a tier above them in the Covenant's rating scale.
- Lekgolo - The worm-like aliens that control Scarab walkers.