Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
- “The Scarab is incomplete, but its head is operational. Its field of fire prevents any chance of retreat or extraction. ”
The Type-29 Scarab was used by the Covenant as a dedicated excavator used only for revealing buried Forerunner facilities. This Scarab variant was rarely encountered due to its need to be assembled on site and because the Covenant only used it to uncover momentous reliquaries.
There is a large, incomplete Scarab in the level Scarab in Halo Wars. It is substantially larger and more heavily armored than a standard Scarab, and it appears to be completely mechanical. It has an extremely high amount of hit points, able to sustain fire from up to nine MAC rounds on the Easy difficulty, and it cannot be boarded. In addition to its incomplete state (and immobility), it projects a beam of light that shows where its attention is currently focused.
- To slow down the speed of its searchlight, the player must destroy seven power nodes.
- It should be noted that the abandoned Scarab in the level Beachhead is also referred to as Super Scarab, though it seems to be a normal Scarab in every regard but title.
- Type-36 "Scarab" UHSP - A Scarab variant fitted with a Class-4 plasma cannon analogous to that seen on the Type-27 "Mantis" AAC.
- Type-47 "Scarab" UHAP - The designation encompassing both Scarab variants seen in Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach and Halo 2: Anniversary.
- Type-30 "Locust" LE/AFP - A similar but smaller and less powerful excavator, which appears in Halo Wars.
- Type-58 "Harvester" UHSE/E - An ultra-heavy mining excavator similar to the Scarab, albeit a tier above them in the Covenant's rating scale.
- Lekgolo - The worm-like aliens that control Scarab walkers.