Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Triple Wielding or acquiring 3 weapons is a glitch present in Halo 2 and Halo 3 's dual Wielding systems. The glitch allows players to use three dual-wieldable weapons at the same time; though the player cannot shoot with them all, they do get 50% more ammo, which can come very handy on big maps or on campaign maps with Flood or Hunters.
Method 1 - ExploitEdit
This method is an exploit that allows players to triple-wield two different weapons—that is, two weapons of the same type, and an additional weapon of a different type.
- Find a weapon (Weapon A) you wish to triple wield, and pick it up. Now press Y to switch weapons, and find a different (dual-wieldable) weapon (Weapon B). Pick it up.
- You should now only have two weapons (Weapon A and Weapon B), and you should not be dual-wielding them. Furthermore, you should currently be holding Weapon B.
- Find another Weapon A, and dual-wield it with Weapon B. You should now have Weapon A as a secondary weapon, and Weapons A and B as primary weapons, dual wielded.
- Now, trade Weapon B for another Weapon A.
You have now triple-wielded. Note that with this method, you can only have dual weapons plus one in reserve.
Method 2 - GlitchEdit
This is easiest to do on the level Halo on Normal. Start up a Co-op game, then get Player A to pick up an SMG. Then, without using it, kill Player B, then get Player A to pick up the Plasma Rifle and dual wield it. Walk to the Mythic skull and drop the Plasma Rifle on the skull. Then dual wield and pick up the skull at the same time. Press Y to see if you have 3 weapons.
- You don't have to get rid of the rocket launcher/Spartan Laser.
- You can't see your 3rd weapon until you switch to it.
- Do not swap your weapon or you will lose your glitched weapon!
Method 3 - GlitchEdit
There is also a third method is a in which you can possess three weapons, and can be used with any dual-wieldable Covenant weapon.
- Have two similar weapons dual wielded, and look straight down.
- Melee the ground and then quickly pick up the weapon, the corner of your screen should say you picked up the weapon, do this three times or until the screen says you have picked up the weapon three times.
- Use your newly acquired three weapons.