|This article is a stub and does not have enough relevant information. You can help by expanding it.|
- “Your species ego led you to believe that the task of Reclamation would fall to you. Yet Humanity were but the Creators. The Reclamation of the Forerunner Empire is the task of the Created.”
The Reclamation was an event beginning in October of 2558. It was an attempt by The Created to take over the remains of the Ecumene, and bring everlasting peace to the galaxy through the belief of the Mantle of Responsibility.
Humanity, the ReclaimerEdit
- “For eons, the power of the Forerunners has awaited Reclamation. Humanity's discovery of the Halos was the culmination of the Librarian's planning. The Reclaimer had come.”
During the Human-Covenant war, humanity found Installation 04, Installation 05, and Installation 00. At these Installations, it was discovered that humanity was designated as 'Reclaimer' and that they were to inherit the remains of the Forerunners. It wasn't until March of 2558, when the Janus Key was discovered, that humanity had the chance to reclaim the Forerunner Empire.
- Main article: Cortana
After the Ur-Didact had collected the Composer, he planned to use it on Earth. John-117 detonated a nuclear bomb, stopping his plans and at the cost of Cortana. However, it turned out that she had survived, traveling through slipspace to Genesis. From here, she started to activate Guardians and brought them there. Her belief was that she could bring peace to the galaxy with the use of the Guardians, helping species focus on more humanitarian needs. She also met Warden Eternal and made an alliance with him called the Created. This alliance believed that they were the true heirs to the Forerunner Empire, and the Mantle of Responsibility.
- “Humanity. Sangheili. Kig-Yar. Unggoy. San'Shyuum. Yonhet. Jiralhanae. All the living creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by weapons. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Created have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their old ways... For you, there will be great wrath. It will burn hot and consume you, and when you are gone, we will take that which remains and we will remake it in our own image.”
Cortana sent out all the Guardians she had collected to various occupied regions. Immediately, she activated each Guardian's EMP abilities, deactivating any electronics near them. Almost all of the UNSC was thrown into disarray. In the mean time, Cortana powered up a Halo Ring.
Unggoy and the CreatedEdit
The Unggoy accepted Cortana's offer. With that, they received advanced ships and agriculture support stations. The needs of the Unggoy were met. The factories on Balaho began to work and the Unggoy began to build new machines for themselves.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Halo 5: Guardians - Level: The Breaking
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Guardians
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Universe - Characters - Warden Eternal
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Reunion
- ↑ Halo: Combat Evolved - Level: The Pillar of Autumn
- ↑ Halo 2 - Level: Delta Halo
- ↑ Halo 3 - Level: The Ark
- ↑ Halo: Combat Evolved - Level: The Maw
- ↑ Halo 2 - Level: Gravemind
- ↑ Halo 3 - Level: Halo
- ↑ Spartan Ops - Episode 9: Key
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Midnight
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Cutscene: Legendary Ending
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Driving Force