|There is more information available on this subject at Texas on the English Wikipedia.|
It was once a Spanish (Mexican) territory, and then a part of Mexico, and shortly its own country, then eventually settling as a possession of the United States until the latter's reformation as the United Republic of North America.
- Main article: Battle of the Alamo
In 1836, two thousand Mexican soldiers besieged the Alamo Mission in San Antonio, Texas.
List of CorporationsEdit
- Main article: List of corporations on Earth
|Naphtali Contractor Corporation||Abilene|
A few starships and cities across human space pay homage to the history and culture of Texas. Examples include:
- UNSC Texas - A UNSC Starship. Named after the state.
- New Houston - A city on an unknown colony. Named after the Texan city of Houston.
List of LocationsEdit
- Vice Admiral Danforth Whitcomb possessed a Texan accent.
- The Battle of the Alamo can be seen as a similar feat to the war between the humans and the Covenant for both portray a small defending force consistently holding off a larger, more powerful enemy. In the end, the Battle of the Alamo was lost, but provided the American side with time to reorganize and ultimately win the war. Although not directly reflected in the Human-Covenant war, it portrays certain similarities.