Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Terceira is a human colony founded at some point prior to 2557. While initially a UEG colony, the planet eventually became home to a massive rebel community, leading to violent countermeasures on the part of the UNSC.
Little is known about Terceira before the end of the Human-Covenant war, although it was likely established at some point prior to that. The UNSC established several research stations designed to study and monitor the planet's fierce electric storms.
Post-War Era Edit
During the post-war resurgence of Insurrectionist activity, Terceira filled with rebels and rebel sympathizers. Eventually the entire planet was seized by the United Rebel Front and the UNSC lost all control. Spartan-IV operatives field-testing the Oceanic variant of Mjolnir Armor were deployed to recover the planet. It is unknown what the outcome of this deployment was.
- The planet is named for one of the main islands of Earth's Azores. It is therefore possible that Terceira's original inhabitants were of Portuguese descent.
- If the reference is anything to go by, it is likely that Terceira is sunny and lush, with healthy soil for farming. This would fit the characterization of many rebels as farmers on agrarian outer colonies.
- It can be assumed that the planet is covered in oceans, as the Oceanic armor type was developed specifically for Spartan operatives on the planet. It is also possible that the actual settlements on Terceira are underwater, although this is speculation.
- The planet's name is Portuguese for "third."
- The Halo 4 DLC map Vertigo takes place on Terceira.