Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “Two teammates, no guns and a whole bunch of melee kills.”— In-game description for Halo 3's Team Melee playlist
Team Melee is a Double EXP Weekend event. As the name implies, it focuses on close combat gametypes which primary (and only) weapons are Energy Sword or Gravity Hammer. Team Melee matches contain three teams of two to three players in each with a max party size of nine. All DLC Maps including the Heroic and Legendary map packs are required to play in this playlist.
Maps Played In Team MeleeEdit
- The Pit
- Rat's Nest
- Ghost Town
- Cold Storage
Gametypes Played In Team MeleeEdit
- Team Swords (32% chance of being selected) - Team Slayer, 50 points to win. Players spawn with Energy Swords. No weapons or vehicles on the map. 12 minute match time limit.
- Team Hammers (25%) - Team Slayer, 25 points to win. Players spawn with Gravity Hammers. No weapons or vehicles on the map. 12 minute match time limit.
- Stab-Out (22%, skipped after veto) - Team Slayer, 50 points or the highest score after four rounds wins. Players spawn with Energy Swords, but only have three lives per round. 2 minute round time limit.
- Hammer Hill (21%) - King of the Hill, 100 points to win. Players spawn with Gravity Hammers. No weapons or vehicles on the map. 12 minute match time limit.
- Not only were slayer games observed during the Team Melee playlist, but also objective based gametypes, like Oddball and Capture the Flag.