|This article does not have enough inline citations/proper citation format. You can help Halo Nation by adding citations.|
3.6576 m (12 Ft.)
Tank Forms are snail-paced in comparison to the other Combat Forms but they make up for it with relative resilience and their devastating melee attack, as they are unable to wield weapons with their arms that are shaped into hardened spikes (as opposed to whip-like tentacles exhibited by other Combat Forms). However slow, they can run on all fours for a short period, allowing a short burst of speed to overtake a target much like Jiralhanae from Halo 2 and Halo 3. On occasion Tank Forms eject Infection Forms from their 'mouth' as if regurgitating them (not explosively like the Flood Carrier Forms) as a form of short ranged attack, or an attack to counteract Bubble Shields. Like all of the Pure Forms, The Tank forms cannot be dismembered, only disabled.
The Tank Form is similar in appearance to the Drinol, and may have been inspired conceptually by the deleted Covenant race. There is also a notable similarity between the roles of the Tank Form and of the Covenant Mgalekgolo, and is often mistaken as an infected version of a Hunter, however that is impossible considering that Hunters are a colony of worms and the Tank Form is one single mass.
They have a loud noise that is easy to tell from other ones. They will rarely turn into a Stalker/Ranged Pure Form unless the foe/s are far away from them. Any type of incendiary weapons will work, which includes firebomb grenades and the Flamethrower.
If attacked too hard, they will use the claw they attack normally with to defend themselves. A claw swing on Legendary kills you instantly, and a claw swing on Heroic depletes your shields. Do not attack them if there are Ranged Forms around due to that a combo will most likely kill you. You cannot get an "assassination or headshot" award from them, as they can notice pretty fast, and the appendages are too small and if you did, you wouldn't get any.
- Floodgate (Rare, encountered near the end but numerous when they are encountered).
- The Covenant (Very rare, only encountered as allies when the Stalker forms have mutuated into them).
- Cortana (Very common, all over the place at close-combat).
- Halo (Very common during close-combat).
- Tank forms are the only Flood Pure Forms that are not able to cling onto walls.
- The large right arm of the tank resembles a Grunt's arm.
- They are very similar in appearance to the Flood Thrasher Form.
- There is an easy way to kill a Tank Form other than using a Energy Sword. If you just melee it in between the two tentacles on his head it will die instantly. Although it can be hard to hit it in the kill spot if it's swinging it's arms around and moving around.
- A common error for people to make is mistake these for infected Hunters. This is not true due to the fact that Hunters can't be infected and the Tank Form is a Pure Form.
- Amazingly on Easy, a melee attack with something like a Brute Shot or Gravity Hammer kills it in one hit.
- On any difficulty an energy sword will kill a Tank Form with one swing.