Talitsa was colonized by the UNSC at some point prior to 2493. In 2493, 2516, and 2520, a series of civilian revolts took place, requiring UNSC intervention. Despite these actions, many groups coalesced into larger groups, making the planet uncontrollable outside of the heavily fortified capital. These larger groups disbanded in 2528, though separatist feelings would remain among the populace.
At some point between 2553 and 2558 the Wetwork-class of armor was tested by the Spartan-IV operatives of ONI's Delta-Six unit in eliminating both swiftly and delicately, major leaders of several uprisings, in the largest urban centers.
While the entirety of the population were not violent rebels, most on Talitsa were strong supporters of colonial autonomy.
The planet had at least one large, mountainous desert. It has at least one river that seems to have spawned from one of the mountains. The planet's deserts, as well, are home to exotic flying creatures, perhaps indicating that Talitsa was home to sentient life before humans arrived. This would make it a rare case of a planet that needed little to no terraformation to support human life, simultaneously explaining why there is harsh desert.
- It is likely that the original colonists of Talitsa were of Russian descent, as Talitsa is the name of several Russian communities..
- Talitsa is the location of the map Outcast from the Castle map pack for Halo 4.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Halo Waypoint: Talitsa
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo: Bad Blood - Chapter 1, Page ???
- ↑ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 171
- ↑ Halo Waypoint, Weekly Bulletin 3.13.13, "...the remote outer colony of Talitsa has always had a strong anti-centralization and pro-colonial autonomy sentiment, even since before the war..."
- ↑ Halo 4 - Map: Outcast