The TACPAD is a piece of United Nations Space Command equipment. It is a hand-held tactical database system used for analyzing and displaying combat information. It is most often used by NCOs and pull up maps of the local area and display images. It might be related to a small hand-held computer, or "Data Pad."
A forearm-mounted TACPAD with a dock for the "MC5 Individual Data Net/Terminal" is available as an armor attachment in Halo: Reach. This device is also used by Carter-A259. Lazlo Sorvad also used one. It is available at the rank of Major and for 50000 cR in the Armory.
- One UNSC Marine stated: "How the foxtrot does it track anything? Whatever—I guess that’s why I carry an MA5 instead of a TACPAD." This comment indicates that TACPADs are typically carried by commissioned and non-commissioned officers, as well as intelligence personnel in charge of tactical planning.
- The TACPAD bears a slight resemblance to the PIP-Boy from the Fallout series.
- ↑ Bungie.net: Type-25 Directed Energy Pistol
- ↑ Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe - Palace Hotel, Page 368
- ↑ YouTube: Halo: Reach - The Armory Montage