Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|There is more information available on this subject at Suicide Attack on the English Wikipedia.|
- “The only way we could stop those suicide grunts was through sustained fire... slowing them down and hoping you were far enough away from the ensuing blast...”— Private Samantha Hass
A Suicide Attack is an attack intended to kill others and inflict widespread damage, in which the attacker expects or intends to die in the process. In the Halo Universe, it is commonly, though not exclusively, used by Unggoy troops due to their cannon-fodder status, and the general disregard for their lives by their Sangheili or Jiralhanae commanders.
Canon incidents of Suicide AttackEdit
- Occasionally during combat in Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach and Halo 4 Unggoy troops will enter a "berserk" mode, similar to that of the Jiralhanae, but instead will brandish a pair of ignited plasma grenades and rush the player Headshots can easily deal with these Kamikaze Unggoy if spotted quickly, but if in large numbers, or if the player does not notice them until too late, they can be a devastating force. Similarly in Halo 3: ODST, the Huragok were forced to don armor that will explode if it takes too much damage, dispersing smaller charges in a wide radius.
- In Halo Wars, Suicide Unggoy are units produced by the Arbiter faction, which run at an enemy structure and ignite their gas tanks, producing an explosion greater than a grenade. Also in Halo Wars, there is an upgrade for the Banshee called "Sacrifice", which makes the aircraft (when its health bar is completely depleted) kamikaze into the nearest enemy object, dealing extremely heavy damage.
- Suicide Unggoy also feature in Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, successfully deployed as a diversion to distract Spartan forces as a battalion of Sangheili make ready to attack the Core of Onyx.
- The Covenant are not the only faction that use Kamikaze tactics. During the Battle of Installation 00, pilots of Longsword fighters too damaged to return to their ships attempted to smash their fighters into enemy ships.
- In Halo: Reach, Carter maneuvered his Pelican into an approaching Scarab in an attempt to stop it from attacking Noble Four and Noble Six.
- "The only way we could stop those suicide grunts was through sustained fire... slowing them down and hoping you were far enough away from the ensuing blast..."
- "The suicide Grunts... Good Lord... Your only hope against those things was a well-timed Mjolnir overload. Stop 'em and pop 'em at range."