The Strident-class heavy frigate is a frigate class employed in the Post-War UNSC Navy; utilized primarily for escort of larger capital ships and for rapid offensive engagement. UNSC Infinity carries ten vessels of this class within internal docking bays.
The Strident-class heavy frigate came into service in October 2552. At least one of these vessels, UNSC Eminent Domain, assisted during the Battle of Draetheus V. It destroyed hundreds of Spirits and outmaneuvered the Covenant vessels in an attempt to deploy a unit of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers before it was heavily damaged and crashed into the surface of X50.
During the Second Battle of Requiem, UNSC Infinity deployed her compliment of Strident-class frigates shortly after arriving at the shield world; at least two would survive the initial phase of combat.
Ships of the LineEdit
- The Strident-class and Paris-class heavy frigates are the only design of frigate with no vehicle hangar located at the bottom of the ship. Instead it is replaced by a shuttle bay on each side of the ship.
- This is the first class of UNSC frigate known to be equipped with energy shielding, an unprecedented augmentation to its combat effectiveness.
- This class is 575 meters long, making it the largest known frigate class put into service within the UNSC Navy.
- 343 Industries used a Strident-class heavy frigate to represent UNSC Forward Unto Dawn in Halo 4 instead of the original Charon-class used in Halo 3.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 192
- ↑ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 186
- ↑ Halo 4 Limited Edition - Bonus Item: UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet
- ↑ Halo: Initiation, Issue 1
- ↑ Halo: Spartan Assault – Level: Operation C: Monolith - Mission 2, Spirit Graveyard Stand-Off
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Midnight
- ↑ Spartan Ops - Episode 1: Departure