The Strident-class heavy frigate is a frigate class employed in the Post-War UNSC Navy; utilized primarily for escort of larger capital ships and for rapid offensive engagement. The UNSC Infinity can carry ten vessels of this class within internal docking bays. The class was manufactured by Aerofabrique SA at shipyards at Tribute and Mars.
At least one of these vessels, UNSC Eminent Domain, assisted during the Battle of Draetheus V. It destroyed hundreds of Spirits and outmaneuvered the Covenant vessels in an attempt to deploy a unit of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers before it was heavily damaged and crashed into the surface of X50.
During the Second Battle of Requiem, UNSC Infinity deployed her compliment of Strident-class frigates shortly after arriving at the shield world; at least two would survive the initial phase of combat.
The Strident-class has three engines.
The Strident-class has a multitude of weapons systems. This included:
- 1 Mark IV, Heavy Coil - 94B1E6/MAC
- 2 M42 Archer Missile Pods
- 6 M870 Rampart 50mm Point Defense Network Turrets
- 1 M4093 Hyperion Nuclear Delivery System Silo
- 5 Mark 55 Castor naval coilguns - The Mark 55 Castors on the Strident-class were known to be of two different types. Three of them were in a "quickshot" configuration paired with two smaller Arena gauss cannons.
- 6 Mark 57 Arena point defense guns
Ships of the LineEdit
- The Strident-class and Paris-class heavy frigates are the only design of frigate with no vehicle hangar located at the bottom of the ship. Instead it is replaced by a shuttle bay on each side of the ship.
- This is the first class of UNSC frigate known to be equipped with energy shielding, an unprecedented augmentation to its combat effectiveness.
- This class is 575 meters long, making it the largest known frigate class put into service within the UNSC Navy.
- 343 Industries used a Strident-class heavy frigate to represent UNSC Forward Unto Dawn in Halo 4 instead of the original Charon-class used in Halo 3.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo - Pages 38 & 38
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - page 192
- ↑ Halo 4 Limited Edition - Bonus Item: UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet
- ↑ Halo: Initiation Issue 1
- ↑ Halo: Spartan Assault – Level: Operation C: Monolith - Mission 2, Spirit Graveyard Stand-Off
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Midnight
- ↑ Spartan Ops - Episode 1: Departure
- ↑ Halo 4 - Map: Daybreak
- ↑ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 186