|This article may not meet Halo Nation's standards. You can help by cleaning this article.|
|M363 Remote Projectile Detonator|
Remote Projectile Detonator
|Damage Per Hit||
Single shot, manual detonation (push pistol's detonator)
M9030 HEI/RD, 12 cm
Before/during Human-Covenant war
The M363 Remote Projectile Detonator, also known as the Sticky Detonator, Rocket Pistol, or DMG, is a single-shot, muzzle-loaded rocket/grenade launcher and has been seen in the Halo 4 teaser and on an action figure at the 2012 New York Toy fair.
The M363 Remote Projectile Detonator fires a propelled adhesive rocket or grenade which leaves a tell-tale trail and sticks to objects leaving a red light on the ground similar to a mine, making it akin to the Covenant plasma grenade. A button located at the left side of the pistol serves as the detonator. After the projectile latches onto a surface, it can be used to remotely detonate the explosive by pushing it. After a certain amount of time, the projectile detonates on its own.
The weapon holds only one projectile at a time and is reloaded by sliding a new rocket/grenade onto the front of the pistol, making it a muzzle-loaded weapon.
Official descriptionEdit'The M363 RPD is a low-profile single-shot weapon that launches a magnetically latched explosive, which the operator can remotely detonate when at a safe distance. Although previously manufactured in low quantities, this weapon’s size and ease-of-transportability has made it ubiquitous in the years which followed the Covenant War.'
- Due to the fact that it is a single-shot weapon, and is muzzle-loaded, it is likely that this weapon was originally intended to be something akin to a flare gun.
- The M363 replaces the Grenade Launcher in the UNSC arsenal, which was introduced in Halo: Reach.
- The M363 Remote Projectile Detonator is effective as a landmine to blow up any unexpected player walking near the sticky grenade.
- In Halo 4, on Normal difficulty or higher, two sticks can kill a hunter. This is useful for getting the Give Him the Stick Achievement.
- An easy way to get a kill with the Sticky Detonator is by putting one on the wall next to them if they are turning a corner.
- It is impossible to stick one to another Sticky Detonator projectile. If attempted, it is possible to stick yourself, because the fired projectile remains intact.
- The Sticky Detonator has a radar that can be used. The radar pops open after the explosive is shot from the gun. The center of the radar is the explosive, while red dots and white dots are enemies and allies, respectively.
- Marines in the Halo 4 Campaign will comment on this weapon, comparing it to the Grenade Launcher in Halo Reach: "Man, I was excellent with that Pro-Tube that we used to use (the GL, contrasting it to 'N00b-tube' what players call it), but that Sticky Det that we use now is pretty cool too."
- If a player sticks a weapon not held by anyone the explosive will detonate when anyone tries to pick up the weapon, or ammo from it. This is great for booby trapping power weapon spawns.
- As quoted in the Weapon Dynamics, the Sticky Detonator projectile will explode on its own after a certain amount of time. If you listen to it, you will hear a beeping noise that gets faster and faster over time until the projectile detonates.
- The M363 Remote Projectile Detonator was originally labeled in-game as the Sticky Detonator, but has since been changed to the Sticky Grenade Launcher.
List of AppearancesEdit