Covenant archeological teams operating on Requiem are searching for something. Infinity Command wants to know what.
Member of Fireteam Crimson
|60px||Halo Nation has a walkthrough guide to this level, Spartan Ops/Season One/Departure/Core. See Spartan Ops/Season One/Departure/Core/Walkthrough.|
Open to a shot of an active volcano.
- CDR Sarah Palmer (COM): "OK, Crimson. The data you pulled out of the jungle ties into some earlier info on Covenant archaeological teams."
A Phantom flies overhead and drops off a squad as a Sangheili Storm watches.
- Palmer (COM): "The Covies have found a needle in the Requiem haystack, and you're going to stop them from retrieving it."
- Palmer (COM): "First things first, Crimson. Eliminate anything that moves."
Crimson advances to an open area just as the Phantom leaves.
Crimson engages enemy forces. A drop pod soon arrives with Covenant reinforcements. Crimson advances to the top of a Forerunner structure, eliminating all hostiles along the way.
- Palmer (COM): "Miller, find Crimson a way through those doors."
- Miller (COM): "There appears to be a power source here. Activating waypoint now."
Crimson activates the switch as a Phantom arrives.
- Miller (COM): "Structural movement, Commander."
Two Sangheili Rangers jump over the wall and engage Crimson.
- Miller (COM): "Crimson, I'm activating a pair of power sources that just appeared. Activating them should clear the path between you and our Covenant archaeologists."
Crimson activates one of the switches.
- Miller (COM): "That's one."
Crimson activates the other switch.
- Palmer (COM): "Got 'em both. Miller?"
- Miller (COM): "I was right. Door's opening, Commander."
The doors ahead open and Covenant forces advance.
- Palmer (COM): "Move ahead to the next area, Crimson."
Crimson engages Covenant forces and moves forward. A Phantom soon arrives with Covenant reinforcements.
- Robert Dalton (COM): "Commander?"
- Palmer (COM): "Go ahead, Dalton."
- Dalton (COM): "There's some serious anti-air activity happening in the area around Crimson. We can't guarantee any kind of extraction."
- Palmer (COM): "Commander Palmer to Fireteam Castle. You're on, Spartans. Dalton's got targets for you."
- Castle Leader (COM): "Affirmative, Commander."
or, if the RvB Easter Egg has been activated
- Caboose (COM): "Um, the regular radio guy isn't here right now. Um… sorry."
Crimson continues to advance despite Covenant resistance
- Miller (COM): "More shields."
- Palmer (COM): "Find a way to bring them down. I don't like the Covenant working this hard to guard a dig."
- Miller (COM): "There're the shield controls."
Crimson deactivates the shields. A number of Crawlers appear and engage Crimson while Watchers summon reinforcements near where the shields were. Crimson moves towards the waypoint.
- Palmer (COM): Shut them down, Crimson."
Several Promethean Knights appear. They and any other Promethean forces are eliminated as Crimson continues to advance.
- Palmer (COM): "Promethean Knights are working alongside Covenant? That's bad news. Get a look at what they were guarding."
Crimson activates the switch. The ground shakes and bright blue light rises from the surface of the structure as an artifact appears.
- Miller (COM): "What is that?"
- Palmer (COM): "I don't care. If the Covies wanted it this badly, I'm happy to get it first."
Promethean forces appear.
- Miller (COM): "Watch out!"
- Palmer (COM): "Defend the artifact, Crimson!"
Crimson moves to engage.
- Palmer (COM): "Dalton! Crimson needs immediate evac!"
- Dalton (COM): "Still working with Castle to take down air defenses, Commander!"
- Palmer (COM): "Fireteam Castle, this is Commander Palmer! I need an ETA on clear skies!"
- Castle Leader (COM): "It's gonna take a little bit longer, Commander! We're doing all we can!"
or, if the RvB Easter Egg has been activated
- Caboose (COM): "Seriously, the regular radio guy said he would be right back. He's in the bathroom."
Crimson eliminates all hostiles.
- Miller (COM): "Commander, there's a LOT of Covenant aircraft inbound!"
- Palmer (COM): "Dalton! Where the hell is that ride?!"
A Pelican approaches Crimson's position
- Dalton (COM): "She's at the LZ, Commander."
- Palmer (COM): "About time! Crimson! Let's go!"
Crimson grabs the artifact.
The Pelican lifts off.
- Pilot (COM): "Crimson and artifact are onboard, and we are Infinity bound."
- Palmer (COM): "Nice work, Crimson. Come on home."
The Pelican flies off into the sunset as the level ends. Fade to black