|This article is out-of-date and needs to be updated with new information. Please visit this article's talk page for more info.|
|This article is a stub and does not have enough relevant information. You can help by expanding it.|
The SPARTAN Branch, also known as the Spartan Corps, is a branch of the UNSC, founded by Musa-096. It encompasses only the members of the SPARTAN-IV program and the surviving SPARTAN-IIIs who converted into to SPARTAN-IVs. Members of the SPARTAN-II and SPARTAN-III programs belong to the Navy branch instead.
- “It clearly suggests that the Spartan branch has rapidly and unapologetically become its own thing... almost overnight.”
During the creation of the Branch, all remaining SPARTAN-IIIs were offered to be incorporated into the Spartan branch.
When the UNSC Infinity crashed landed on Requiem, the SPARTANs were deployed to fight off attacking Prometheans. Other Spartans were then deployed with John-117 to take down the planet's gravity well and particle canon network. Once it was destroyed, the Infinity escaped Requiem.
Infinity would return to Requiem several months later beginning a new series of Spartan operations.
Similar to other military branches, the Spartan Branch has a multitude of roles. These roles include reconnaissance, security and patrol, counter insurgency, military police duties, high value asset retrieval, and frontline combat.
- “It's one thing to be an over-achieving badass such as yourself, but it is something else altogether to be a Specialist.”— Sarah Palmer to all Infinity Spartans.
Spartans utilize the Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor Generation 2 platform of power armors. As per Regulation 3A-950, newly recruited personnel of the Spartan branch have access to one Mjolnir Armor.
- Main article: SPARTAN-IV Personnel
- Main article: SPARTAN-IV Fireteams
The ranking system of the Spartan branch only applies to Spartan-IVs, while Spartan-IIs and Spartan-IIIs still retain their ranks. All Spartan-IVs share the same rank of Spartan and do not possess any formal ranks. The only exception being Sarah Palmer, who is a Spartan Commander.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo: Initiation - Issue #1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - page 33
- ↑ Halo Waypoint: Universe - Characters - Jun-A266
- ↑ Halo 4: Official Game Guide, page 380
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Halo: Glasslands, page 434
- ↑ ELEVENTH HOUR#Transmission 3/5ELEVENTH HOUR Transmission 3]]
- ↑ Halo: Initiation, Issue 3
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Infinity
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Reclaimer
- ↑ Halo 4 - Level: Shutdown
- ↑ Spartan Ops - Episode 1: Departure
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Vector (Armor)
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Orbital (Armor)
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Defender (Armor)
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Raider (Armor)
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Level: Osiris
- ↑ Spartan Ops - Episode 1: Chapter 1 - Land Grab
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Halo 4 Limited Edition - Bonus Item: UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet
- ↑ Halo 4 Limited Edition - Bonus Item: Armor Schematics
- ↑ Halo 5: Guardians - Description: Foehammer (Armor)
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Universe, Spartan
- ↑ Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - page 18